You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-27 16:22:18

MatejLach
Website

Intel HD GPU problem - (display respawn will fix it)...(What to do?)

Hallo,

Now, this is a bit wired - I had similar problem just a couple of days ago, but reinstalling xorg helped - not this time.
I have tried everything in my power, to solve this, but I was unable to do so.

I tested Arch for couple of days now and dedicaded to stick with it, as I really like BSD-style configs, pacman and rolling rele. model, but I had too much unvanted packages in my old Arch install, so I dedicated to re-install it, this time with SLiM and XFce 4.8.

I have black/blank screen when using intel driver on my Arch install, (HP Pavilion DM4 laptop), BUT - when I close and re-open laptop lid everything is working fine?
All the relevant details are at LQ - http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions … ok-888582/ -

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks!

#2 2011-06-27 23:46:37

tesjo

Re: Intel HD GPU problem - (display respawn will fix it)...(What to do?)

I am not sure understand, is the problem that when slim should load it does not show anything, but after closing/opening lid slim shows up and you login and xfce starts fine? Are you starting slim as daemon or using /etc/inittab? Could you post /etc/inittab if you're using it?

#3 2011-07-13 19:04:24

voighta

This is the same problem I have with an HP Pavilion g6x. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with slim, xfce, X, etc.--it's kernel-related.

I am pretty sure that our devices are reporting incorrect lid statuses. I can't remember where I read about this originally, but the fix pertained to this patch https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/72251/ .

I'll see if I can patch my kernel sources appropriately for my laptop and recompile tonight; I'll let you know if it works.

#4 2011-07-15 04:18:33

voighta

Update: Apparently that was removed in like March 2010 hmm

Not sure what the problem is then; except that it is definitely kernel related (happens during boot sequence; I don't have any login managers yet)

Board footer