You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-17 00:39:06

SiegeMachine

[Solved] Resume from hibernate not working

http://pastebin.com/UZHtGCrR

Here is my pm-suspend.log.  By the looks of the log it says that the hibernate worked fine and that the image was saved to the swap.  During a regular boot the swap is loading properly.  My linux partitions are within an extended partition.  I don't know if that has to do with why when I boot using /dev/sdax/ my system doesn't boot so in my grub menu.lst I had to use the partitions UUID, however in fstab for my swap its being mounted using sda5.  I followed the wiki and added the resume part to my menu.lst using my swaps UUID, I've just changed my fstab to use my swaps UUID during boot in case that makes a difference, and the hibernation seems to be working.  What isn't working is the resuming.  I also followed the part about adding resume to the hooks array in mkinitcpio and doing the -p command afterwards so I did that too.  During booting it gets to the part where it says

Running hook [resume]
Waiting 10 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/4d79feec-fdf1-42fb-9351-40ff86e56db6

. And it waits 10 seconds and then ends up just loading the root partition and does a regular boot.  My swap is 4gigs in size, same as my ram.  The thing is before the last kernel update (I believe thats when it last worked) it was working just fine because only like 2 weeks ago I went through all this to make it work.

Can anyone spot something that I'm doing wrong which is preventing it from either reading the swap or reading the hibernated image to resume?

Last edited by SiegeMachine (2011-07-17 00:52:58)

#2 2011-07-17 00:52:42

SiegeMachine

Re: [Solved] Resume from hibernate not working

Fixed by changing the uuid of my swap partition to sda5 in grub's menu.lst and now resuming works. Strange because when I made it working it had to be done with uuid to work and now its opposite. Oh well at least it works now!

Board footer