You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-18 18:09:53

GourdCaptain

Suspend halts due to unknown reasons. [eeePC 1005ha]

When I attempt to suspend my laptop, it doesn't do anything (the wireless just stops working.) However, if I attempt to shutdown after that, it suspends near shutdown, while killing processes. Any ideas on how to tell what is keeping the suspend from working?

#2 2011-07-18 18:14:30

MoonSwan

Re: Suspend halts due to unknown reasons. [eeePC 1005ha]

Your post is too vague for anyone to comment upon.  We need more information and log files might help.  You can even post them here.  You'll find them in /var/log iirc.

IE what have you tried to do?  Researched on the wiki and/or forums?  If yes, please tell us what worked or didn't work from your research etc.

#3 2011-07-18 18:50:02

GourdCaptain

Re: Suspend halts due to unknown reasons. [eeePC 1005ha]

Sorry - part of it is I'm not sure what logs to post. I've tried downgrading the kernel from 2.6.39 to 2.6.38 (seemed to start after the kernel upgrade), switching from Wicd to NetworkManager (couldn't even get NetworkManager to work) and looked through the various logs in /var/log, and none of them seem to have any errors - heck, the pm-suspend log claims that the suspends are a success. If I run pm-suspend in a terminal, it seems to do nothing and if I kill it it does a wonky suspend that pretty much renders the computer unuseable afterwards. (With a nice graphcal distortion.)

Kernel logs don't report errors either, and the problems occur if I suspend from the XFCE menu as well.

Also, my wireless card shows up as: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter. I also tried removing the logmein-hamachi daemon I installed recently.

Last edited by GourdCaptain (2011-07-18 18:53:37)

Board footer