You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-20 15:00:22

scrawler

acer 520 netbook ac adapter beeep

with a capslock problem thrown in for good measure smile

Is there a module to unload and blacklist that controls the annoying beep that sounds when I plug in or unplug my netbook's ac adapter?

Also, I really want to get rid of the stupid capslock key on the same netbook.  I tried several different things with xmodmap with no effect. 
What's a good solution that does not rely on xmodmap?

Thanks!

#2 2011-07-20 20:35:17

lagagnon
Website

Re: acer 520 netbook ac adapter beeep

Remove the actual key itself! No seriously, I have many friends who have happily done just that! As to your beep does this work?: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Di … eaker_Beep

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-07-21 00:45:08

scrawler

Re: acer 520 netbook ac adapter beeep

lagagnon wrote:

Remove the actual key itself! No seriously, I have many friends who have happily done just that!

Me too, but it's kind of ugly :-)

The pc speaker beep page in the wiki shows how to disable a different beep--I already have that one disabled.  Every time I plug in the power cord there is a loud obnoxious beep. That's the beep that must go.

Board footer