You are not logged in.

#26 2010-08-01 15:03:26

nixpunk

Re: [Solved] Why continual disk access?

karol wrote:

[OT]
I can't find neither hal-do-the-ironing nor hal-wash-the-car - I think I'm opening a bug report upstream ;-)
[/OT]

Thanks, I needed a laugh this morning!

big_smile

#27 2011-01-12 10:19:53

archman-cro
Website

I don't have HAL but the [jbd2/sda---] still gets on ~3% IO. It was working until now for every three seconds, but at the moment, it's calm. I have a "noatime" option in fstab. Any ideas?

#28 2011-07-21 21:08:16

agon

I am going to bump this thread because I don't find a solution.

archman-cro wrote:

I don't have HAL but the [jbd2/sda---] still gets on ~3% IO. It was working until now for every three seconds, but at the moment, it's calm. I have a "noatime" option in fstab. Any ideas?

+1

I have noatime, commit=600 for all partitions, laptop-mode-tools, /var/log and tmp are linked to dev/shm (tmpfs) and I'm currentrly running these daemons:

syslog-ng vartmp @acpid @laptop-init !network @networkmanager @netfs !wicd @crond @alsa !gopreload @preload

Note that vartmp is a modified version of the vartmp script posted in the ArchWiki.

I'll be trying disabling one by one all daemons.

#29 2011-07-22 01:12:28

ewaller
Administrator

I went back and forth on closing this.  I decided this was necrobumping because the original poster (From years back) marked it solved as a problem with HAL.

Since HAL is now deprecated, and this thread is starting to chase a new problem, and the OP marked it SOLVED.  I am closing it.

Please feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer