You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-26 15:20:14

examon

[SOLVED] Awesome WM - widget images question

Hi, I have one question about images in my statusbar.

I loaded images into my statusbar. It works fine but problem is, that my images are somehow 'fuzzy'. I checked other Awesome wm screenshots and I saw that some people got fuzzy images as well but some not.
I made screenshot. Image at the left side is not mine. Image at the right side is from my screen.

widgets.th.png

As you can see my image is really fuzzy. MB it depends on laptop's screen, resolution, etc... I really dont know. Do you know where is the problem?
Thanks

Last edited by examon (2011-07-26 16:07:09)

#2 2011-07-26 15:50:47

Guff
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Awesome WM - widget images question

It's because the image in an image box is automatically scaled to fit its wibox. There's nothing in the docs to suggest that this can be prevented.

What you could do, though, is simply make images that are the same height as your wibox, so they won't get scaled.

Also, the other day, I answered your question here, but I wasn't sure if you saw my response or not. Just in case.

#3 2011-07-26 16:05:43

examon

Re: [SOLVED] Awesome WM - widget images question

Thanks you every much Guff!
Your solution with wibox height works very good. My images are nice and clean atm.

Thx for answer for my other question as well... I was not testing your idea cos I was in rush to work... I'll take a look at it later. But now when this images works so nice for me I can just make image with character as someone suggested.

Board footer