You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-21 21:09:50

Warper

XFCE doesn't allow to save/open files w accents

Hey everyone,

I have XFCE/Gnome 3 in my laptop and lately I have been using XFCE more than G3. About a week ago I realized that some files I had with spanish characters áéíóúñ were behaving strangely. LibreOffice opens the file but shows something different in the window title, for instance: invitación turns into invitación, there are no problems with the text itself.

Then I realized that when I receive a file in Thunderbird that has any of these characters, the program won't let me save it unless I replace the accented vowel with a standard vowel. And this also happens in LibreOffice, it simply won let me save a file with áéíóúñ in its name.

Today I logged into Gnome3 and everything is ok there; I can open, save, rename whatever I want with any of these files with those characters in the filename.

I have LANG="en_US.UTF-8" in my rc.conf and had included: export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in my .bashrc
My /etc/profiles.d/locale.sh has only one line that says: export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

The result of locale is:

[warper@GMarketing ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

And the available locales are:

[warper@GMarketing ~]$ locale -a
C
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
es_EC
es_EC.iso88591
es_EC.utf8
POSIX

I have set Character encodings to Unicode (UTF-8) in Thunderbird and LibreOffice is using Spanish (Ecuador).

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Warper

#2 2011-07-27 03:41:59

Warper

Re: XFCE doesn't allow to save/open files w accents

bump

Board footer