You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-31 23:06:41

Comfortably_Dumb

Wireless works on manual setup, not with network manager

Set up my laptop (HP nx61245) wireless with the broadcom b43 driver and it works, but only when I start it up manually.  When I start my wireless manually as directed in the wiki on wireless setup it works and I can surf the internet just fine.  So I installed networkmanager and nm-applet and it sees my wireless essid, but it won't let me connect.  I've installed and unistalled it several times, same problem.  When I click edit connections, it's not there. Same thing with wicd...Don't know why, but is there a way to take my manual set up and have it start at boot?  Using fluxbox...Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

#2 2011-08-01 01:29:16

Comfortably_Dumb

Re: Wireless works on manual setup, not with network manager

Not sure why Networkmanager did not work, I could never figure it out.  However, I did  get wicd to work by downloading dhclient and then checking 'dhclient' in the options under DHCP client (it was checked to automatic) since it would not obtain IP address.  Then I checked 'ip' under Route Table Flushing and that worked.  I am back up and running, much to my beautiful wife's agreement.  smile  A big thank you to everyone who helped!

Board footer