You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-11 10:39:30

broken pipe

Multilib conflicts with native 64bit packages (gcc-libs and binutils)

hi all :>

i tried to build arduino from the AUR on my 64bit system (32bit version runs nice on my netbook! thanks! smile ). However i can't build it because it depends on gcc-libs-multilib and binutils-multilib from the multilib repo, which are conflicting with gcc-libs and binutils.

is it safe to remove the 64bit equivalents of gcc-libs and binutils and replace them with gcc-libs-multilib and binutils-multilib?

best regards :>

#2 2010-12-11 10:45:36

kfgz

Re: Multilib conflicts with native 64bit packages (gcc-libs and binutils)

broken pipe wrote:

is it safe to remove the 64bit equivalents of gcc-libs and binutils and replace them with gcc-libs-multilib and binutils-multilib?

Yes.

#3 2010-12-11 17:48:42

thestinger
Package Maintainer (PM)

once you're done building you can switch back to gcc/binutils/gcc-libs

#4 2011-07-30 17:30:30

pablox
Website

I know this is an old post, but it's one of the first results on google and actually answers the question... shouldn't it be marked as [SOLVED] ?

Geeks & Linux Atelier
An eye for an eye ... ends in making everybody blind -- Mahatma Gandhi
dotfiles

#5 2011-08-01 04:03:34

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

pablox wrote:

I know this is an old post, but it's one of the first results on google and actually answers the question... shouldn't it be marked as [SOLVED] ?

The first poster should mark [solved] if the replies solve the issue for him. I don't think he even read the replies, judging from his lack of response on this thread. Regardless, no reason to bump this thread, we have necro-bumping rules for a reason.

Closing.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer