You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-01 21:28:09

staticextasy

Error Fixing

Hello everyone,

I've been using arch now for about a week and i have to say i'm very very impressed with it. Forcing me to use my google-fu and read documentations to actually build my own System. I've been doing some fixing on error messages a few done already and right now i just have a couple problems that have got me stumped. The first one is related to this error message

Aug  1 17:11:29 localhost kernel: [    0.023332] ..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC

Now from what i've read this is a BIOS releated issue and I am to use noapic as a bootflag in grub. I'm just curious what is the actual problem with this and any explanation on it would be greatly helpful before i actually set the flag in Grub.

Second i've only seen a couple things in google, maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing but if anyone could explain this to me and if possible provide a way for me to fix it, if not i will gladly find a way to fix it myself if someone could point me in the right direction.

Aug  1 17:11:43 localhost pulseaudio[1158]: pid.c: Daemon already running.

They are the only two errors that show up in my error.log after a fresh boot. Again any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to understand these things more so than need help fixing them.

Thanks,
Michael P.

Michael P.
StaticExtasy

Board footer