You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-02 11:32:35

pauligrinder
Website

[SOLVED] Sony Vaio battery led blinking all the time

So, I finally received a new battery for my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ38M today. It works great, it even came with 50% power out of the box. It's really nice to be able to use the laptop completely wirelessly for a change, as I've been using it with the adapter for the last two years due to the old battery being completely dead.

One annoying thing though: The battery led blinks all the time. Is there a way to have it on when the battery is in use, but not make it blink? Maybe something similar to the wifi-led, where I had to set led_mode=1 modprobe.conf? I didn't find any info on this using google, and I tried the forums' search function too.

I'm using Arch Linux x86_64 with kernel 2.6.39-ARCH and xfce+compiz (may not be the latest versions, it's been a few weeks since I upgraded)
What other details (if any) should I provide?

update: It still keeps blinking when the machine's suspended, and also when the adapter is plugged in. I'm about to check out if it also blinks in Windows, and if it does, well ... then I'm gonna asume something else's broken in there sad

Last edited by pauligrinder (2011-08-02 18:27:45)

If you like Metal, check out my music here. And please comment/rate!

#2 2011-08-02 18:27:26

pauligrinder
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Sony Vaio battery led blinking all the time

Ok, solved smile It was the original Sony BIOS preventing me from using an aftermarket battery.

The bios that was provided with the battery, however, caused my internal display not to work, so I did a lot of googling and finally found one that works smile

Also, I had to make a bootable Windows XP usb stick to be able to perform the update, as the flashing program wasn't 64-bit compatible. I'll be happy share the BIOS.ROM file if anyone else has similar problems.

Case closed!

Last edited by pauligrinder (2011-08-02 18:28:21)

If you like Metal, check out my music here. And please comment/rate!

Board footer