You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-03 18:32:40

Rasi
Website

Anyway of setting up gamepad to prefer other axis?

i have a gamepad with 2 analog axis and a classic cross. I am too stupid tho, to use the analog axis. When playing in UAE, it will automatically use those tho.
Is there a way to change this behavior?

Last edited by Rasi (2011-08-03 19:21:35)

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#2 2011-08-03 21:53:57

whitethorn

Re: Anyway of setting up gamepad to prefer other axis?

I don't know if this is possible, but you could try using qjoypad. With the program you can bind the buttons and analog sticks to keyboard or mouse movement. You might be then able to set UAE to use those keyboard buttons / binds.  Problem with this is you might have a noticeable input lag because your going through qjoypad and then into the emulator.  Is there a way to change the binds in UAE?

#3 2011-08-04 00:56:52

Rasi
Website

whitethorn wrote:

I Is there a way to change the binds in UAE?

Not through the GUI at least, i will check it

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#4 2011-08-04 03:38:44

Rasi
Website

Update, just for future reference: Playing with the joystick options in config file - no success.

But i got WinUAE running in wine and guess what: it uses the correct axis smile

Douglas Adams

Board footer