You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-05 06:34:13

c0dege3k

Several errors in installation

I'm installing Arch in a VM and have run into multiple errors that I can't seem to figure out. I have followed the "Beginner's Guide" and tried installing about 20 times now.

The first error I get is that in "Configuring the system", trying to save the files reports that /mnt/etc does not exist, which after doing an "ls" in mnt, I see that it is right.
Then, when setting the root password, it says something about the command passwd not being found and something else about chroot. (Sorry it's not more specific- I don't have that error right in front of me right now- will update once I get it again.)
And finally, when installing the bootloader, GRUB reports that it can't find /boot/grub/menu.lst, even though it does exist.

I've been on IRC with these problems, but nobody has yet to figure them out. Help is much appreciated- I'm curious about Arch and really want to get it set up.

Also, if someone could tell me how to bypass steps, like configuring the hard drive, if I've already done it and had to restart it- the installer tells me that I have to go back and do the previous step for each one.

Board footer