You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-02 09:16:26

Davini

[SOLVED] Subversion + WebSVN (+ Apache): Forbidden Access

I'm having terrible trouble trying to set up subversion + websvn on my server. I've set this up a few times on previous installs but this time I've run into a few new problems.

My first issue: After following/using the subversion wiki, I pacman'd websvn and changed the permissions on the directory. Navigating to http://192.168.0.101/websvn, I get a Access forbidden! Error 403. In the past, I don't remember doing anything special when setting this up. This maybe my lack of understanding of Apache, but why is this happening (or rather, how can I fix this)? I have a few other directories set up in /srv/http that have the same permissions and don't get the 403 error.

My second issue: I can't do checkouts because of SSL connection error. It turns out for my particular set-up, I need SSL (even if it's not trusted). I have no idea what to ask to get this to work. Maybe, what do I need to do so that my svn/websvn is able to use SSL?

My third issue: When I do a checkout, my error is:

Could not open the requested SVN filesystem 

could this be a permission error? Otherwise, I'm not sure why this install is different from my previous. I've re-done the subversion wiki 3 times now, and I've encountered the same troubles each time.

Does anyone know or could help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited by Davini (2011-08-06 01:10:52)

#2 2011-08-05 01:40:54

Davini

Re: [SOLVED] Subversion + WebSVN (+ Apache): Forbidden Access

I'm bad..  sad my .htacces file had

deny from all 

And SVN wasn't working because I didn't load the SSL module.

#3 2011-08-05 13:11:39

jelly
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Subversion + WebSVN (+ Apache): Forbidden Access

Please add [solved] tag to the topic

Board footer