You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-05 21:49:43

archlinux2011

running as vmware guest issues

so i recently reinstalled arch in vmware workstation 7 and i am having rediculous random issues.

randomly when i login the vm will stop autosizing like it should. i have this in my xinitrc file

exec vmware-user-suid-wrapper &
exec ck-launch-session startlxde

open-vm-tools are installed and updated.

also pcmanfm for some reason lost the defaults i set for it. i want it to always open in details view and sorted so i edited the config file and it forgot and now wont sort anymore. i got it to stick with detailed view but the sortign is annoying me badly.

any idea why these random issue smight occur or what i can do to fix them? i treied to reinstall the tools and change both the config file for pcmanfm in my home directory and the default one is /etc/ but niether works.

if it matters at all i am using lxde and my system is fully updated. it also just this past reboot told mei didn't hav permission to edit ~/.xinitrc even though i am the only user and i was editing it fine before without sudo.

this seems most pronounced if i even logout. i am using slim as my login manager and ave had no real issues with it. vmware seems way more of a hassle than virtualbox so i may have to switch but i like some of the vmware features.

i even get a file that keeps appearing in my home directory named core that is unreadable by everythign and i can't tell what its for.

Last edited by archlinux2011 (2011-08-05 22:07:06)

Board footer