You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-07 02:25:06

gnuvince

CapsLock is not a true Ctrl key?

I use [tt]setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps[/tt] to make my Caps Lock key an extra Control key.  It works nicely, except when I need to use Ctrl+Shift.  For instance, in the terminator emulator, you can use Ctrl+Shift+f to search the output.  Using Caps+Shift+f doesn't work, however Ctrl+Shift+f does.

Does anyone know if there's something that I need to do so that Caps+Shift behaves like Ctrl+Shift?

Thanks,

Vincent

#2 2011-08-07 02:40:17

alphaniner

Re: CapsLock is not a true Ctrl key?

A while back I played with the Colemak layout, which is supposed to change caps to backspace.  It didn't work properly either.  However, Gnome had an options menu with loads of 'special key' (esc, bksp, trl, etc) remaps and among them I found what I wanted.  Maybe if you can figure out the 'backend' for those options you'll find a solution.  However, I'm not running Gnome any more so I couldn't say for sure if your remap is implemented.

Last edited by alphaniner (2011-08-07 02:42:46)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer