You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-04 06:31:43

Archieman

Keyboard woes on Lenovo x61

Hi All -

So after the 50th time this happened to me I decided it was time to share and try and get some help.  Often times, when closing and subsequently opening the lid on my Lenovo x61, the keyboard stops working.  It accepts no input whatsoever.  Mouse still works fine at this point.  What I do to remedy it is ssh from another machine and' killall gnome-session', re-login and all is well again. 

It really seems to be an intermittent issue, doesn't always happen, perhaps about 40% of the time.

Anyone else experiencing this or have some insight to share?   I would post log files but I am not sure which ones would be relevant...

Thanks,

Archieman

A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later. - George S. Patton

#2 2011-08-07 01:30:43

Archieman

Re: Keyboard woes on Lenovo x61

UPDATE:  I can now confirm this is not related to closing the lid at all.  It is 100% related to a connection with my A2DP bluetooth headphones.  It seems that often times, when I end the connection from the headphones, that is when the keyboard takes a dump and stops accepting input.  Very bizarre indeed.  Hopefully someone else has experienced this or a similar issue and can help out...

A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later. - George S. Patton

#3 2011-08-07 20:54:05

Dumbledore

Re: Keyboard woes on Lenovo x61

I don't exactly claim to know what is happening. But dmesg may help you in ascertaining what is going on. Tried it?

GNU/Linux: Keep your options "open".

Board footer