You are not logged in.

#26 2011-08-03 16:59:59

MoonSwan
Member
From: Great White North
Registered: 2008-01-23
Posts: 873

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

I have a small issue:  Namely that when I try to invoke pacaur I always get the same message:

# pacaur -s help
:: Build directory does not exist!
Check configuration in /etc/pacaur.conf

I've made that directory in both my user and root home directories but it doesn't seem to work.  I also tried to put a build directory line (changing the default one) in my pacaur.conf file.  I also tried to leave it at the default (/home/aur/build) and that didn't work either.  I'm sure I'm doing something ridiculously stupid but I don't know what!

My pacaur.conf:

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/pacaur.conf
#

#
# PACAUR OPTIONS
#
/code]
buildDir="/home/aur/build"          # build directory - default: /home/aur/build
pacmanBin="pacman-color"            # pacman binary - default: pacman-color
editor="nano"                        # PKGBUILD editor - default: $EDITOR
color=true                          # color support - default: true
clean=true                          # clean up after package install - default: true
fallback=true                       # pacman fallback - default: true

I'm torn apart between worlds. Basically, using vim in a highly visual environment with a lot of mouse features feels like soldering a lose wire to a motherboard with a Zippo and a needle, while working with ANY TEXT AT ALL with a "modern GUI" text editor feels like joining the London Philharmonic Orchestra with a Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Magical Musical Mirror.  --Awebb

Offline

#27 2011-08-03 17:08:28

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

MoonSwan > First of all, it seems that you aren't using the last pacaur.conf version. Are you sure that you're running 2.2.1? If yes, check your /etc directory for a pacaur.conf.pacnew file and use it instead of your current pacaur.conf (ie, delete /etc/pacaur.conf and rename /etc/pacaur.conf.pacnew to /etc/pacaur.conf).

Then, you only need to use a build directory (with *absolute* filepath) that is write accessible to your current user (I'm using /home/myusername/aur/build). You can also comment the "buildDir" variable in pacaur.conf and the default value (/tmp/pacaurtmp-$USER) will be used instead. This is valid for 2.2.1 only - so check what version you're actuallly running first.

Berseker, tacticalbread> I hope to include a working bash completion in the next release - I might also include a zsh completion file, but as I'm not using zsh, it will be completely untested.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-03 17:18:28)

Offline

#28 2011-08-04 22:24:14

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Mmh, a good tool, i was almost switching from aurget to this, but i'm missing a thing: i can't seem to update a devel package.
Let me explain what i mean: with aurget, if i dl and build a devel package and skipped out on cleaning, i still have a complete dir with up to date src; now let some revisions/commits pass and i want to update the src and build again. aurget would redownload the PKGBUILD, etc ..., but keep the devel src, so that it would only need to sync up to the latest ones, not needing to redownload them all, then proceed to build it.
How can i get this in pacaur if it is implemented? And if not, could you do it, assuming you have interest in doing so?

PS: i think you just missed a good name like 'pacsaur', with references to velociraptors smile


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#29 2011-08-04 23:02:31

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

lucak3 wrote:

Mmh, a good tool, i was almost switching from aurget to this, but i'm missing a thing: i can't seem to update a devel package.
Let me explain what i mean: with aurget, if i dl and build a devel package and skipped out on cleaning, i still have a complete dir with up to date src; now let some revisions/commits pass and i want to update the src and build again. aurget would redownload the PKGBUILD, etc ..., but keep the devel src, so that it would only need to sync up to the latest ones, not needing to redownload them all, then proceed to build it.
How can i get this in pacaur if it is implemented? And if not, could you do it, assuming you have interest in doing so?

Try to set the "clean" option to "false" in /etc/pacaur.conf. It should do the trick, at least for PKGBUILDs that follow VCS PKGBUILD guidelines. The drawback is that all packages are going to retain their cache... But if it is possible to only clear "normal" package and retain vcs packages cache, I believe that is a feature worth implementing. I'll see what I can do in this regard.

lucak3 wrote:

PS: i think you just missed a good name like 'pacsaur', with references to velociraptors smile

Yeah, that would have been a good one. The worst aspect of pacaur is indeed its no imagination and zero inspired thinking name. I thought about "pacow" shortly after having released it in the wild (in reference to the backend - but not as good as your idea). Probably too late to change it now :[

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-04 23:11:21)

Offline

#30 2011-08-05 09:38:14

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:

Try to set the "clean" option to "false" in /etc/pacaur.conf. It should do the trick, at least for PKGBUILDs that follow VCS PKGBUILD guidelines. The drawback is that all packages are going to retain their cache... But if it is possible to only clear "normal" package and retain vcs packages cache, I believe that is a feature worth implementing. I'll see what I can do in this regard.

That's not a problem, since aurget too does it like that. Putting clean=false worked, but only if in the command line i also give '-f' to overwrite: it's a bit scary if you say, but probably more correct than saying nothing. I would suggest facilitating overwriting in the case of devel packages, because i do not think that everyone redownloades the sources every time they build the pkg.

EDIT: I found a problem trying pacaur, which comes directly from cower. Basically, packages with (make)depend bash magic to work with lib32* stuff probably won't be parsed correctly (read more https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 2#p970792). I found that trying pcsx2-svn, that wanted lib32* even if i'm on 32bit. Actually dunno how to solve this, as cower -dd is called if i issue pacaur -y.

Last edited by lucak3 (2011-08-05 14:07:11)


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#31 2011-08-05 15:06:56

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

lucak3 wrote:
Spyhawk wrote:

Try to set the "clean" option to "false" in /etc/pacaur.conf. It should do the trick, at least for PKGBUILDs that follow VCS PKGBUILD guidelines. The drawback is that all packages are going to retain their cache... But if it is possible to only clear "normal" package and retain vcs packages cache, I believe that is a feature worth implementing. I'll see what I can do in this regard.

That's not a problem, since aurget too does it like that. Putting clean=false worked, but only if in the command line i also give '-f' to overwrite: it's a bit scary if you say, but probably more correct than saying nothing. I would suggest facilitating overwriting in the case of devel packages, because i do not think that everyone redownloades the sources every time they build the pkg.

Yup, that might be an option. I'll try to find some time to find the best solution.

lucak3 wrote:

EDIT: I found a problem trying pacaur, which comes directly from cower. Basically, packages with (make)depend bash magic to work with lib32* stuff probably won't be parsed correctly (read more https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 2#p970792). I found that trying pcsx2-svn, that wanted lib32* even if i'm on 32bit. Actually dunno how to solve this, as cower -dd is called if i issue pacaur -y.

Hmm, interesting. As you might have expected, dependencies solving is done by cower. A working workaround could be certainly coded on the bash side. A solution would be to parse all pkgbuild again and calculate deps on-the-go, as all other aur helper do. No more editing of all pkgbuild before processing, and that's a no go for me. Another solution I could actually think off would be to check cower output, and if an error occurs then parse the pkgbuild again and retrieve the deps with cower again. Until this particular issue is "fixed", makepkg (or any other aur helper) is your friend. Thanks for reporting :]

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-05 15:07:30)

Offline

#32 2011-08-05 19:43:29

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:

Hmm, interesting. As you might have expected, dependencies solving is done by cower. A working workaround could be certainly coded on the bash side. A solution would be to parse all pkgbuild again and calculate deps on-the-go, as all other aur helper do. No more editing of all pkgbuild before processing, and that's a no go for me. Another solution I could actually think off would be to check cower output, and if an error occurs then parse the pkgbuild again and retrieve the deps with cower again. Until this particular issue is "fixed", makepkg (or any other aur helper) is your friend. Thanks for reporting :]

I actually think a good workaround would be to provide a switch that make it so that you use cower -d (instead of -dd) for the issued pacaur -y, so that you could actually elude (wrong) dep check. I do not know if pacaur already has a way for that.
I must confess i do not completely understand the whole 'extend pacman' section: i tried issuing 'pacaur -a -Sd pcsx2-svn' that seemed to do what i wanted, but from the localized error output i got, i assume it just called pacman.


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#33 2011-08-05 23:22:00

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

lucak3 wrote:

I actually think a good workaround would be to provide a switch that make it so that you use cower -d (instead of -dd) for the issued pacaur -y, so that you could actually elude (wrong) dep check. I do not know if pacaur already has a way for that.

That would work only if the package you tried to install has no aur dependencies, as cower -d only download the tarball+pkgbuild without checking deps. In the case of the pcsx2-svn package, the install would fail on a 64bits machine as the package has a few aur deps. It would however succeed on 32 bits machines like yours and mine, but eh, pacaur needs to handle both architecture :]. Additional code is required to compute deps after sourcing the pkgbuild (easy to do) and to automatically know when it should be sourced (no idea how to do that at the moment).

lucak3 wrote:

I must confess i do not completely understand the whole 'extend pacman' section: i tried issuing 'pacaur -a -Sd pcsx2-svn' that seemed to do what i wanted, but from the localized error output i got, i assume it just called pacman.

That's correct: -d (cower --download) and -Sd (pacman --sync --nodeps) options aren't related. The primary set of command (-s, -i, -d, -y etc) acts on aur packages only, while the pacman set acts on binary and then on aur packages, and people that wants to use pacman like shortcuts to act on the aur only must disable fallback.

Also, I looked at the overwrite "-f" option but there is not easy way to bypass it for devel pkgs only (apart from looking at the package name but that something I'd like to avoid). I'll either not fix this issue or completely drop the "-f" option and make it the default for every action (not sure if that is really what one's want.. ). In the meantime, you can use the "-S/-Sa" option to install the package. Overwrite is done by default here.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-05 23:32:21)

Offline

#34 2011-08-06 04:54:04

tacticalbread
Member
From: Bay Area, CA
Registered: 2011-04-09
Posts: 127
Website

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:

Berseker, tacticalbread> I hope to include a working bash completion in the next release - I might also include a zsh completion file, but as I'm not using zsh, it will be completely untested.

If you need someone to test it, I'd be glad to. :>


don't save us from the flames

Offline

#35 2011-08-06 08:27:59

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

tacticalbread wrote:

If you need someone to test it, I'd be glad to. :>

I think I actually need someone to write it haha big_smile

Offline

#36 2011-08-06 10:23:59

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:
lucak3 wrote:

I actually think a good workaround would be to provide a switch that make it so that you use cower -d (instead of -dd) for the issued pacaur -y, so that you could actually elude (wrong) dep check. I do not know if pacaur already has a way for that.

That would work only if the package you tried to install has no aur dependencies, as cower -d only download the tarball+pkgbuild without checking deps. In the case of the pcsx2-svn package, the install would fail on a 64bits machine as the package has a few aur deps. It would however succeed on 32 bits machines like yours and mine, but eh, pacaur needs to handle both architecture :]. Additional code is required to compute deps after sourcing the pkgbuild (easy to do) and to automatically know when it should be sourced (no idea how to do that at the moment).

About the dep check, i was actually suggesting a 'skip dep check' like -d in pacman, a switch that you would pass only manually.
Regarding the sourcing, you could try an easy heuristic: see if the PKGBUILD section formed by deps and makedeps contains '$CARCH' and you know if there is arch-specific depends. For other bash magic, i assume you would search for '[' or '[[' or '$'.

Spyhawk wrote:
lucak3 wrote:

I must confess i do not completely understand the whole 'extend pacman' section: i tried issuing 'pacaur -a -Sd pcsx2-svn' that seemed to do what i wanted, but from the localized error output i got, i assume it just called pacman.

That's correct: -d (cower --download) and -Sd (pacman --sync --nodeps) options aren't related. The primary set of command (-s, -i, -d, -y etc) acts on aur packages only, while the pacman set acts on binary and then on aur packages, and people that wants to use pacman like shortcuts to act on the aur only must disable fallback.

Also, I looked at the overwrite "-f" option but there is not easy way to bypass it for devel pkgs only (apart from looking at the package name but that something I'd like to avoid). I'll either not fix this issue or completely drop the "-f" option and make it the default for every action (not sure if that is really what one's want.. ). In the meantime, you can use the "-S/-Sa" option to install the package. Overwrite is done by default here.

Thanks, that goes almost fine. I actually meant, i do not understand if the pacman-like options would need to be passed before or after pacaur specific ones.


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#37 2011-08-06 11:38:01

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

lucak3 wrote:

About the dep check, i was actually suggesting a 'skip dep check' like -d in pacman, a switch that you would pass only manually.
Regarding the sourcing, you could try an easy heuristic: see if the PKGBUILD section formed by deps and makedeps contains '$CARCH' and you know if there is arch-specific depends. For other bash magic, i assume you would search for '[' or '[[' or '$'.

Not checking deps is the very same as downloading the pkgbuild (pac -d pkg) then running makepkg -sfi. No need to include a specific switch, just keep it simple wink
$CARCH is indeed the way to detect 32/64 bits magic. I'll try to fix that issue as soon as possible. See github.

lucak3 wrote:

Thanks, that goes almost fine. I actually meant, i do not understand if the pacman-like options would need to be passed before or after pacaur specific ones.

Use one or the other, not both at the same time. I should have included a sanity check there long time ago. EDIT: tracking this issue on github.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-06 12:10:20)

Offline

#38 2011-08-07 05:07:58

Dead Code
Member
Registered: 2009-01-18
Posts: 227

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Impressive

Offline

#39 2011-08-07 22:39:25

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

The last release (2.2.3) includes a bash completion file contributed by Mr.Shu, thanks! Moreover, the 32/64bits magic bash issue should also be solved.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-07 23:20:54)

Offline

#40 2011-08-08 07:30:07

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:

Moreover, the 32/64bits magic bash issue should also be solved.

Seems so for pcsx2-svn, i didn't test others PKGBUILDs, but i'll do it later, don't worry.

At the same time, i wanted to report two strange behaviors:

  • I tried updating two packages (specifically, pacaur -y pacaur yapan) and at the end of the update of the first, i got this strange error:

    grep: .//yapan/PKGBUILD: File o directory non esistente
    grep: .//yapan/PKGBUILD: File o directory non esistente

    Localized output says 'Inexistent file or directory' with regard to .//yapan/PKGBUILD

  • When i tried updating pcsx2-svn, i first removed the existing directory, not needing so to overwrite. Nonetheless, after issuing pacaur -y pcsx2-svn, pacaur says the same dir already exists and it prevents me from installing if i do not give the -f option.

Sorry if i bugger you with this smile


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#41 2011-08-08 07:57:29

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

So I broke everything again? :]
/me 's going to release 2.2.4 asap.

Edit: 2.2.4 released. "force" is now the default for -m and -y. I've not been able to get the "grep error"but I guess it was also related to the missing "force". Let me know if you ever happen to have the same error message.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-08 08:18:39)

Offline

#42 2011-08-08 08:47:00

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Overwrite seems okay now smile
Regarding the grep error, maybe i didn't explain myself. This is what i get when issuing pacaur -y pacaur yapan:

==> Finished making: yapan 0.4.1-1 (Mon Aug  8 10:39:25 CEST 2011)                                                                                                                              
==> Installing package yapan with pacman -U...                                                                                                                                                  
warning: yapan-0.4.1-1 is up to date -- reinstalling                                                                                                                                            
resolving dependencies...                                                                                                                                                                       
looking for inter-conflicts...                                                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                                                                                
Targets (1): yapan-0.4.1-1                                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                
Total Download Size:    0.00 MB                                                                                                                                                                 
Total Installed Size:   0.57 MB                                                                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                                
Proceed with installation? [Y/n]                                                                                                                                                                
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                       [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                      [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                    [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) upgrading yapan                                                                                  [---------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
grep: .//pacaur/PKGBUILD: No such file or directory
grep: .//pacaur/PKGBUILD: No such file or directory
:: Could not open pacaur PKGBUILD

Strangely now (updated to pacaur 2.2.4), it tries to install yapan first even if it came second, but that's not a problem.
It seems like it cannot stand installing more than one package at a time: probably an error in between the end of installing the former and sourcing the latter.
I do not remember if such behaviour was present before 2.2.3.

Last edited by lucak3 (2011-08-08 08:48:09)


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#43 2011-08-08 09:09:53

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

This does not occur on my machine, and it seems the $buildDir var isn't set on your system (which is *really* weird). The grep problem seems to happen in the "GetAurVersion" function introduced in 2.2.2, but I really have no idea why the $buildDir variable isn't set anymore on your system. Could you show me your pacaur.conf settings, and tell me if the PKGDEST var is set in /etc/makepkg.conf?

Offline

#44 2011-08-08 15:53:50

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

I set buildDir to "./" so that pacaur would compile packages in current directory. Changing it to "." still doesn't make it work.
What do you suggest?


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

#45 2011-08-08 16:12:51

X-dark
Member
From: France
Registered: 2009-10-25
Posts: 135
Website

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Trying Pacaur and it seems to works well.
Only missing feature is the ability to choose a package to install directly after a search, as done by packer. This saves a few keystrokes.


Cedric Girard

Offline

#46 2011-08-08 16:18:04

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

lucak3 wrote:

I set buildDir to "./" so that pacaur would compile packages in current directory. Changing it to "." still doesn't make it work.
What do you suggest?

I suggest using a "real" directory pathname. Using "./" as buildDir looks like an excellent way to lose data to me (ever tried to compile something in your /home/user/Documents/ with "clean" option enabled?). Also, might I ask what are the advantages of using the current directory instead of a defined directory or the tmp folder? Because that idea looks so weird to me that I never thought that someone would use it, but if there is a real added convenience I might make it works :]

Beside this, the 32/64bits magic fix totally borked other part of the code. I fixed the deficient -Su/-Sua option in 2.2.5, but the --ignore flag doesn't work as expected. I should have bet that changing most of the entire design isn't *that* easy...  :]

@X-dark> There is actually no plan to add an "interactive mode" as packer/yaourt do. I don't think the extra code is worth the feature, and I'd prefer to stick to pacman design.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-08 16:24:04)

Offline

#47 2011-08-08 16:40:25

anonymous_user
Member
Registered: 2009-08-28
Posts: 3,058

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

~/Desktop $ pacaur -y openbox-git

:: AUR package(s) to build: openbox-git

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Building openbox-git package...
==> Determining latest git revision...
  -> Version found: 20110808
==> Making package: openbox-git 20110808-1 (Mon Aug  8 09:37:13 PDT 2011)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: docbook-to-man
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Determining latest git revision...
  -> Version found: 20110808
==> Making package: openbox-git 20110808-1 (Mon Aug  8 09:37:14 PDT 2011)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: docbook-to-man
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
:: Build directory cleaned
~/Desktop $ pacaur -s docbook-to-man
aur/docbook-to-man 2.0.0-2 (5)
    Batch converter from DocBook SGML to nroff/troff man macros.

When trying to install openbox-git, I think pacaur tried searching only the repos for docbook-to-man and not AUR too.

Edit:
When trying to install it manually, pacaur forgets to actually install it:

~/Desktop $ pacaur -y docbook-to-man

:: AUR package(s) to build: docbook-to-man

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Building docbook-to-man package...
==> Making package: docbook-to-man 2.0.0-2 (Mon Aug  8 09:44:27 PDT 2011)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Downloading docbook-to-man.tar.gz...
--2011-08-08 09:44:27--  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/tools/dtm/docbook-to-man.tar.gz
Resolving www.oasis-open.org... 66.151.234.53
Connecting to www.oasis-open.org|66.151.234.53|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 126671 (124K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: “docbook-to-man.tar.gz.part”

100%[=======================================================================================================================================================================>] 126,671     25.9K/s   in 4.7s    

2011-08-08 09:44:33 (26.3 KB/s) - “docbook-to-man.tar.gz.part” saved [126671/126671]

  -> Found LICENSE
  -> Found regexp.patch
==> Validating source files with md5sums...
    docbook-to-man.tar.gz ... Passed
    LICENSE ... Passed
    regexp.patch ... Passed
==> Extracting Sources...
  -> Extracting docbook-to-man.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting build()...
patching file Instant/tptregexp/regexp.c
for dir in cmd Instant Transpec; \
do (cd $dir; make all); \
done
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/cmd'
cat docbook-to-man.sh >docbook-to-man 
chmod a+x docbook-to-man
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/cmd'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant'
cd tptregexp; make all
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant/tptregexp'
gcc -O  -I.    -c -o regexp.o regexp.c
gcc -O  -I.    -c -o regsub.o regsub.c
gcc -O  -I.    -c -o regerror.o regerror.c
regerror.c: In function ‘tpt_regerror’:
regerror.c:11:2: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘exit’ [enabled by default]
gcc -O  -I.    -c -o strerror.o strerror.c
ar rcv libtptregexp.a regexp.o regsub.o regerror.o strerror.o
a - regexp.o
a - regsub.o
a - regerror.o
a - strerror.o
if [ -f /usr/bin/ranlib ] ; then ranlib libtptregexp.a ; else true ; fi
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant/tptregexp'
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o main.o main.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o util.o util.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o info.o info.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o translate.o translate.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o traninit.o traninit.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o tranvar.o tranvar.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o tables.o tables.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o browse.o browse.c
gcc -g -Itptregexp -DDEF_TPT_LIB=\"/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt\"    -c -o masterVersion.o masterVersion.c
gcc -o instant -g main.o util.o info.o translate.o traninit.o tranvar.o tables.o browse.o masterVersion.o -Ltptregexp -ltptregexp
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Transpec'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Transpec'
for dir in cmd Instant Transpec; \
do (cd $dir; make ROOT=/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr/ install); \
done
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/cmd'
cat docbook-to-man.sh >docbook-to-man 
chmod a+x docbook-to-man
cp docbook-to-man /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//bin
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/cmd'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant'
cd tptregexp; make all
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant/tptregexp'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant/tptregexp'
cp instant /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//bin
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Instant'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Transpec'
if [ ! -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt ]; then mkdir /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt; fi
cd /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt; rm -f docbook-to-man.ts roff.cmap roff.sdata
cp docbook-to-man.ts roff.cmap roff.sdata /tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/pkg/usr//lib/tpt
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-kevin/docbook-to-man/src/docbook-to-man/Transpec'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Purging other files...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
==> Creating package...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: docbook-to-man 2.0.0-2 (Mon Aug  8 09:44:36 PDT 2011)
:: Build directory cleaned
~/Desktop $

Last edited by anonymous_user (2011-08-08 16:47:07)

Offline

#48 2011-08-08 17:00:01

Spyhawk
Member
Registered: 2006-07-07
Posts: 403

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

First bug fixed in 2.2.6. Thanks for the report!
As for the second one... I guess that is a very bad idea to use same variable name as pkgbuild guideline. Oops.

edit: I think I'm gonna fork 2.2.2 and start the bash magic thing over... :[

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-08 17:17:15)

Offline

#49 2011-08-08 22:12:11

splippity
Member
Registered: 2010-05-25
Posts: 144

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

I just started trying to use pacaur today because I see clyde isnt going to be supported any longer.
I see pacaur -Su will do an update on pacman repos and aur after which is cool
But the problem I have is running a command like:
pacaur -Sy
will result in me having to input my password twice. the first time does nothing and the second time is for real because I tried typoing and it didnt reject first then did the second and if I type it correctly it still doesnt work first go till the second password request appears.

Any idea?
thanks.

**edit**
additionally if I do put in the sudo pacaur -Sy it works on first password input.

Last edited by splippity (2011-08-08 22:14:38)

Offline

#50 2011-08-09 08:43:06

lucak3
Member
From: Italy
Registered: 2010-01-23
Posts: 72

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:

I suggest using a "real" directory pathname. Using "./" as buildDir looks like an excellent way to lose data to me (ever tried to compile something in your /home/user/Documents/ with "clean" option enabled?). Also, might I ask what are the advantages of using the current directory instead of a defined directory or the tmp folder? Because that idea looks so weird to me that I never thought that someone would use it, but if there is a real added convenience I might make it works :]

I usually prefer it like this, since if there is a problem in creating a package (compile error, packaging missing, etc), i'm right there, no need to navigate over to some folder i don't remember. Absolutely not in PKGDEST, since i like it to contain packages only, like its name hints.
I resolved the problem setting buildDir to "$(pwd)", so that it outputs a real path smile


The Linux philosophy is 'laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong one. 'Do it yourself'. That's it. - Linus Torvalds

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB