You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-09 02:00:28

memod

Problem with Firefox, it logs me out from websites after I restart

Hello World!

I have a small problem. I restart my computer and after I open firefox, I notice that I am logged out of a website, for example, Facebook. (Not the only one, but one of some).

I have tried checking if I got any sites blocked under my Preferences, there are no Exceptions, the cookies do show up and everything, its the perfect scenario to actually work lol.

Then I tried checking the ArchWiki, if you recall this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fi … nformation it mentions something about deleting a file called cookies.sqlite, I've tried that and still no work. I've tried making a new profile and deleting the old one, and it still doesn't work.

I currently have no Addons installed  because I deleted my old profile and I am currently in a blank one. Only got a few bookmarks and stuff.

I  then ran out of ideas, I tried google, all I could find was something wrong with people using a script blocking addon, which currently I don't have. So does anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this?

Thank you very much you guys! Arch ROCKS!

#2 2011-08-09 08:39:15

ethail

Re: Problem with Firefox, it logs me out from websites after I restart

Check if firefox is cleaning cookies when it quits. That could explain everything.

Preferences --> Privacy --> Clear History when Firefox Closes is the option.

My GitHub Page

Best Testing Repo Warning: [testing] means it can eat you hamster, catch fire and you should keep it away from children. And I'm serious here, it's not an April 1st joke.

#3 2011-08-09 16:28:53

memod

Re: Problem with Firefox, it logs me out from websites after I restart

Nope, that option is unchecked. The problem is that, that only happens to certain websites, for example gmail, facebook, and I just noticed that it also happens with my school's website. The rest it just seems fine.

I tried install Google Chrome yesterday as well just to check if it was Firefox giving me that problem and apparently the same thing happens as well. It's kinda weird, I mean, I usually don't have this problem in Windows.

Well, anyways, thanks for your reply! big_smile

Board footer