You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-10 02:11:33

cuzit
Website

After restarting awesome, the task bar fails to work.

I just started using awesome, so my terminology may be incorrect - what I mean is the bar at the top (in a default configuration) that has the menu icon, task switcher, and clock. The task manager shows text and icons, but fails to function. The clock displays as well. The rest of awesome works just fine. I'm not sure what I did - this is my first attempt at purely using a twm instead of a desktop environment, and as such I've modified almost nothing yet. All that I have down is change one line in the "default" theme's theme.lua from this:

theme.wallpaper_cmd = { "awsetbg /usr/share/awesome/themes/default/background.png" }

to this:

theme.wallpaper_cmd = { "awsetbg /home/cuzit/Dropbox/Photos/Background/0Cll.jpg" }

That's literally all I have modified. Awesome worked fine initially, but after resetting (with Super+Shift+R) this error occurred, and restarting awesome, X, or my entire PC didn't fix it. I'm a noob to awesome so I have little idea as to where to begin troubleshooting.

For clarification, this is what I see: Click me! The bar isn't supposed to look like that (should have the default appearance), and even if it was, it should do something when clicked. Oh, and Super+R works, but the text I type isn't visible.

Last edited by cuzit (2011-08-10 02:11:44)

Board footer