You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-08 15:27:04

pad76

Nvidia drivers causing Xorg to freeze

Hey all. I just installed Arch on my laptop (Sager 5793), but I'm having problems getting the proprietary nvidia drivers to work.  Whenever I start Xserver, the system is responsive for maybe 5-10 seconds, and then locks up. (mouse cursor doesn't move and the xterm cursor stops blinking) I tried CTRL+ALT+Backspace to kill X and using other terminals (CTRL+ALT+F1), but nothing works and I'm forced to reboot.  This problem doesn't happen with the nouveau drivers, but I'd really like to take advantage of the 3D acceleration and power management that the proprietary drivers have.

I also made a pastebin of the Xorg.0.log file here: http://pastebin.com/ysJi478N

Also I should note that this is a fresh install of Arch and no previous drivers were installed before, so I don't think DRI or noveau can be the problem.  When I tried out the noveau drivers, it was on a previous installation.

#2 2011-08-15 11:43:02

dimitar

Re: Nvidia drivers causing Xorg to freeze

I have exactly the same problem with the proprietary nvidia driver (280.13). My video card is Quadro FX3600M (NV92).

Board footer