You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-14 05:51:28

thom_raindog

World of Warcraft loses sound during play

Howdie,

On my wives arch-PC she has the problem that her WoW will go mute after a random while of playing. I searched high and low but can not find any solution, not even anyone else that seems to have that problem. Where would I start looking for a solution? What can I do?

It's a 64bit install using KDE, if that helps any.

#2 2011-08-15 12:52:19

MeisBarry

Re: World of Warcraft loses sound during play

I used to have this issue back in Ubuntu, but interestingly haven't seen it at all under Arch.  The only solution I ever found was exiting every wine instance and starting over.

My Ubuntu setup involved Pulseaudio and Ventrilo (also under wine).  Under Arch I still use Pulse but have switched off Ventrilo and now use the native Mangler (FOSS ventrilo-compatible clone, it's in the AUR).  I always had a suspicion that Vent was causing problems, but I have no proof to back that up.

EDIT:  One more thing, are you positive this isn't a keybinding issue?  WoW's default "sound off" keybinding is CTRL+s.  I used to use CTRL as my vent button, and so talking while moving my character backwards would switch the sound off.  Hitting CTRL+s again turns it back on.

Last edited by MeisBarry (2011-08-15 12:55:59)

Board footer