You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-26 05:38:28

nilith

[SOLVED]LibreOffice changed language, can't turn back to english.

Hi, so I installed LibreOffice about two weeks ago and it has worked just fine and dandy until today when I tried opening a Microsoft Word document, it loaded but the workspace was black with white letters and it's Afrikaans or something similar, my question is if there's a surefire way to change it back to english? I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling but had no luck with that, even if I open other documents or start a new one it's in that same strange configuration, could anyone help me with this, please?

Last edited by nilith (2011-08-27 00:19:12)

#2 2011-08-26 06:39:30

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]LibreOffice changed language, can't turn back to english.

Sure fire (I think):
Exit Libreoffice, kill the ~/.libreoffice/3 directory, and restart Libreoffice.  I'd suggest renaming it or moving it so you can but it back if you change your mind.  Note that a new ~/.libreoffice/3 will be created when you start Libreoffice.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-08-26 07:04:53

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

ewaller wrote:

kill the ~/.libreoffice/3 directory

Sure? It is ~/.config/.libreoffice/3 here.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#4 2011-08-26 07:14:00

ewaller
Administrator

No, I'm not sure.  I've both. 

It looks like ~/.libreoffice has an older date with a group called aurbuild.  I'll bet that is old and stale.

My money is on the one in ~/.config.  But, I have to be up in 5 hours, so I'll not be analyzing that just now.

Good night (And Guten Morgen to you)  I leave the forums in your hands.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2011-08-27 00:18:50

nilith

Wow, I don't know how or why, but I uninstalled LibreOffice, then the next day after a fresh reboot reinstalled it and it changed back to english yikes!
Still, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question, if this happens again I'll make sure to try out your suggestion. smile

Board footer