You are not logged in.

#76 2011-08-21 21:57:05

GSF1200S

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

Spyhawk wrote:
GSF1200S wrote:

Actually, unless I misunderstand myself, wouldnt you be right about cower recursively finding dependencies? It seems the only issue is that pacaur isnt reporting what dependencies are going to be installed- cower retrieves all necessary deps and pacaur installs all the deps cower retrieves. I could be wrong here, but since the program builds and works as well as all dependencies being satisfied, I would think cower is doing its job.

Cower does compute aur dependencies recursively, but it doesn't do it for binary deps of an aur package (try "cower -dd packer"). Of course that is not cower job, as it is strictly a minimal aur helper. Binary dependencies are solved using makepkg when installing compiled package. Unlike other aur helper, pacaur does not compute dependencies by itself but use cower/makepkg. The reason pacaur is slightly faster than other tools out there when parsing PKGBUILD in order to compute deps is that it (almost) doesn't do it :]

GSF1200S wrote:

As a work around, could pacaur simply parse the pkgbuild of each aur package (dependencies line) and then parse the dependencies of those packages etc? Really, the easiest solution to me seems to be just to allow a config option to bypass --noconfirm, as I at least then am still prompted before all the dependencies are installed. I understand that you care alot about workflow (makes sense), but thats why it would be an option. It certainly would perform better than yaourt in terms of workflow, and probably more on par with packer only WITH the ability to edit PKGBUILDs before installing. Thoughts?

Love how it works though. This seems to be a minor flaw..

Pacaur doesn't know what are the binary deps before installation, so it actually can't show any information about them. Parsing all pkgbuilds of binary deps is overkill, but I can use expac to retrieve this information. That would also be simpler that implementing another extra switch, and should work in any case with very minimal performance footprint. I'm working on that feature, but I need to find some free time to complete and test it (expect a few days as this is a minor flaw wink )

Yeah, im used to makepkg doing all the leg work for the repos- sorry I wasted my breath there. I see on the second point(s); if you want me to do some testing before you push it out as a release, ill be glad to help smile Doesnt sound so minor in terms of implementation, but it is in terms of function. Its not that big a deal unless youre trying new things to which you arent familiar of dependencies..

#77 2011-08-24 10:46:16

BasT

I've been using pacaur for a few weeks now and i really like it except for one MAJOR issue:
When installing packages from AUR it only asks for the password once the package is ready to be installed. If the password then isn't entered within a certain amount of time the whole build directory including the finished package get deleted!

It's happened to me several times now that I waited 1-2h for a package to compile but by the time I check on it the package has already been deleted.
I'd really prefer if it were to ask for the password right at the beginning if it will be required at some point. I tried to archieve this by using "sudo pacaur -S <package>" but makepkg obviously doesn't like that.

#78 2011-08-24 11:44:51

Spyhawk

BasT wrote:

I've been using pacaur for a few weeks now and i really like it except for one MAJOR issue:
When installing packages from AUR it only asks for the password once the package is ready to be installed. If the password then isn't entered within a certain amount of time the whole build directory including the finished package get deleted!

It's happened to me several times now that I waited 1-2h for a package to compile but by the time I check on it the package has already been deleted.
I'd really prefer if it were to ask for the password right at the beginning if it will be required at some point. I tried to archieve this by using "sudo pacaur -S <package>" but makepkg obviously doesn't like that.

Workaround: Disable the "clean" option in pacaur.conf and clean your directories manually with "pacaur -cc". No idea if this could be fixed without major code overhaul as "obviously, makepkg doesn't like that" :]

#79 2011-08-25 13:40:56

Spyhawk

GSF1200S > The dep issue you mentionned is fixed in the last github commit. If you'd like to help, you can test it and report any misbehaviour. Only minimal testing has been done, and the actual code is probably sub-optimized. I'm sure speed could be improved as the actual code calls expac many times.

Please also use the new pacaur.conf as there is a new option available to enable carch magic (disabled by default to speed up a bit, as most people don't need it)

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-25 13:42:35)

#80 2011-08-25 20:21:02

decibelmute
Website

@Spyhawk,

I have pacman set to run with "NOPASSWD" in sudoers, so that might be why my case is different.
I just removed the "NOPASSWD" for pacman in sudoers (still 0 timestamp), and I'm only prompted once (with the sudo -v hack in place), so I'm not sure what might be causing the third prompt...

#81 2011-08-25 22:25:00

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

GSF1200S > The dep issue you mentionned is fixed in the last github commit. If you'd like to help, you can test it and report any misbehaviour. Only minimal testing has been done, and the actual code is probably sub-optimized. I'm sure speed could be improved as the actual code calls expac many times.

Please also use the new pacaur.conf as there is a new option available to enable carch magic (disabled by default to speed up a bit, as most people don't need it)

Fantastic- ill install from git now and let you know smile

#82 2011-08-26 02:04:44

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

What all would you like me to test? It doesnt seem that slow to me, and it has caught all dependencies perfectly. Also, carch magic? Apologies for my ignorance on this...

Ive replaced packer on both my Arch boxes btw.. pacaur is now perfect for me.

The only suggestions I have currently is to update the pkgbuild from github with the right md5sums and update the AUR, but im not sure if you wanted to do that until this version had been tested awhile. In terms of function, it seems perfect smile

#83 2011-08-26 02:47:11

GSF1200S

Ok, it seems that pacaur cannot resolve multiple AUR dependencies. I was just trying to find things that would cause issues:

[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -S yaourt-git
:: Package(s) yaourt-git not found in repositories, trying aur...

AUR Targets (1): yaourt-git

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Edit yaourt-git PKGBUILD? [Y/n] n
:: Building yaourt-git package...
==> Determining latest git revision...
  -> Version found: 20110825
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110825-1 (Thu Aug 25 21:43:03 CDT 2011)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
error: target not found: package-query-git
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
  -> Version found: 20110825
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110825-1 (Thu Aug 25 21:43:04 CDT 2011)
==> ERROR: 'pacman' failed to install missing dependencies.
:: Build directory cleaned

package-query-git is an AUR dependency for yaourt, but pacaur only tries to install yaourt-git and tries to use makepkg to pull in its dependencies. I think that any package relying on multiple AUR dependencies will fail this way- ill look for another example and post it here.

It definitely does show all the dependencies necessary from the repos though. Here is what packer shows for the above attempted install:

[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ packer -S yaourt-git

Aur Targets    (2): package-query-git yaourt-git

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 

#84 2011-08-26 07:43:57

Spyhawk

decibelmute > Then I'll need to do further testing, but I actually cannot reproduce the double prompt (without -v hack) or single prompt (with hack) cases hmm
GSF1200S > The changes I did only *show* not installed  binary deps of binary deps of an AUR package. Dependencies solving behaviour is not affected at all, and everything works as expected on my machine:

pacaur -S yaourt-git

AUR Targets (2): yaourt-git package-query-git

(and then the build succeed)
Can you reproduce the problem? Try to remove package-query-git if it is aready installed.

Cases that might be slow are aur packages that have binary deps that requires many binary deps to be installed. Also, I've just seen that installing clyde-git leads to an infinite loop somewhere and never reach the install prompt... need further debugging.

Don't worry about carch magic option. It is turned off by default, but pacaur will let you know if it needs to be enabled.

EDIT: a more debugged and speed optimized version is available on the last git commit. The additional binary deps are shown in blue instead of pink to ease debugging. If there is no additional problem to report, I'll revert to the original color and release the next version to the AUR for everybody.
EDIT2: released 2.3.0.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-26 18:14:04)

#85 2011-08-26 19:22:43

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

decibelmute > Then I'll need to do further testing, but I actually cannot reproduce the double prompt (without -v hack) or single prompt (with hack) cases hmm
GSF1200S > The changes I did only *show* not installed  binary deps of binary deps of an AUR package. Dependencies solving behaviour is not affected at all, and everything works as expected on my machine:

pacaur -S yaourt-git

(and then the build succeed)
Can you reproduce the problem? Try to remove package-query-git if it is aready installed.

Cases that might be slow are aur packages that have binary deps that requires many binary deps to be installed. Also, I've just seen that installing clyde-git leads to an infinite loop somewhere and never reach the install prompt... need further debugging.

Don't worry about carch magic option. It is turned off by default, but pacaur will let you know if it needs to be enabled.

EDIT: a more debugged and speed optimized version is available on the last git commit. The additional binary deps are shown in blue instead of pink to ease debugging. If there is no additional problem to report, I'll revert to the original color and release the next version to the AUR for everybody.
EDIT2: released 2.3.0.

I dont understand. Ive tried everything, and pacaur is the only aur wrapper that cant seem to install a package's AUR dependencies. I have verified I am on version 2.3.0-1, I have rm -rf /tmp/*, I have removed pacaur using pacman with -Rcsn options, I have removed package-query-git explicitly, I have rebooted the computer (which never works), I have force refreshed (-Syy which also really has no bearing with AUR targets, but still), I have done -Sc, I have installed pacaur using both packer and literally manually installing through a series of makepkg's, etc, etc. No matter what, it will fail building because it does not check for AUR dependencies. It has to be my system, but I dont know what else to check! Heres proof:

[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -v
pacaur 2.3.0
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -R yaourt-git
Password: 
error: 'yaourt-git': target not found
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -R package-query-git
error: 'package-query-git': target not found
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: conky: ignoring package upgrade (1.8.0-1 => 1.8.1-3)
warning: thunderbird: ignoring package upgrade (5.0-1 => 6.0-1)
 there is nothing to do
:: Starting AUR upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -Sc
Cache directory: /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
Packages to keep:
  All locally installed packages
Do you want to remove all other packages from cache? [Y/n] y
removing old packages from cache...

Database directory: /var/lib/pacman/
Do you want to remove unused repositories? [Y/n] y
Database directory cleaned up
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -S yaourt-git

-> Version found: 20110826
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110826-1 (Fri Aug 26 14:16:15 CDT 2011)
==> ERROR: 'pacman-color' failed to install missing dependencies.
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110826-1 (Fri Aug 26 14:16:15 CDT 2011)
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ pacaur -S vpack
:: Package(s) vpack not found in repositories, trying aur...

AUR Targets (1): vpack

:: Edit vpack PKGBUILD? [Y/n] n
:: Building vpack package...
==> Making package: vpack 20110826-1 (Fri Aug 26 14:17:20 CDT 2011)
error: target not found: zsync
==> Making package: vpack 20110826-1 (Fri Aug 26 14:17:20 CDT 2011)
error: target not found: zsync
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ packer -S yaourt-git

Aur Targets    (2): package-query-git yaourt-git

Edit package-query-git PKGBUILD with $EDITOR? [Y/n] n
[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ packer -S vpack

Aur Targets    (2): zsync vpack

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] n

Im baffled, because I dont remember ever having this problem with pacaur before. Is there anything else I can try?

#86 2011-08-26 19:48:12

GSF1200S

Tried pacaur on my laptop- same problem. yaourt, packer, and paktahn all find AUR dependencies fine- pacaur does not. My desktop is 64 bit, laptop is 32bit (not that that should make a difference).

Can anyone else say that they have pacaur working as its supposed to in this sense? I dont understand how yours (Spyhawk) works and mine doesnt (both computers)...

**EDIT** cower -dd yaourt-git downloads both yaourt-git and package-query-git to my home folder.

Last edited by GSF1200S (2011-08-26 19:55:25)

#87 2011-08-26 22:01:55

Spyhawk

GSF1200S > I'd check $buildDir and $tmpDir directory permissions first. Then check the old version 2.2.10 to see if one of the 2.3.0 changes introduced a bug.

#88 2011-08-27 03:16:35

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

GSF1200S > I'd check $buildDir and $tmpDir directory permissions first. Then check the old version 2.2.10 to see if one of the 2.3.0 changes introduced a bug.

Changed the build directory to a folder in /home/user and downgraded /usr/bin/pacaur to version 2.2.10- same behavior. Replicated both on my desktop and my laptop. This doesnt make any sense- it works on your system. Packer, yaourt, and paktahn all retrieve fine as does cower. It seems to be in pacaur's code by behavior, but then it works for you so it has to be my system(s). The laptop install is 4 days old, so I dont know what I could have messed up...

**EDIT** Interesting. When I do pacaur -S yaourt-git, both package-query-git and yaourt-git folders/directories spawn in my build directory along with the necessary PKGBUILDs (as if cower is doing its job?). Yet, pacaur only specifies yaourt-git in its output, and the build fails (as it tries to pull deps from makepkg/pacman).

Can someone else please post the completed results of pacaur -S yaourt-git? This is driving me nuts because it doesnt make sense.. hmm

Last edited by GSF1200S (2011-08-27 03:22:18)

#89 2011-08-27 08:26:03

Spyhawk

GSF1200S > 2.2.10 has been released on August 15, so if pacaur was working until a few days ago something changed in your config.
Just to be sure, I removed pacaur and all its dependencies, cleaned cache and /tmp dir, reinstalled pacaur 2.3.0 with packer and used the default config. My sudo config is set to nopassword with default timestamp:

root ALL=(ALL) ALL
%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
$ pacaur -S yaourt-git

:: Edit package-query-git PKGBUILD? [Y/n] n
:: Building package-query-git package...
  -> Version found: 20110827
==> Making package: package-query-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:12:38 CEST 2011)
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
==> Extracting Sources...
==> Starting build()...
Cloning into package-query...
remote: Counting objects: 774, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (762/762), done.
remote: Total 774 (delta 540), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (774/774), 242.89 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (540/540), done.
Cloning into package-query-build...
done.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to i686-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking ctype.h usability... yes
checking ctype.h presence... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking sys/utsname.h usability... yes
checking sys/utsname.h presence... yes
checking for sys/utsname.h... yes
checking for alpm_version in -lalpm... yes
checking for yajl_free in -lyajl... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for LIBCURL... yes
checking for git... git
checking for .git/... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

package-query:

Build information:
    source code location   : .
    prefix                 : /usr
    sysconfdir             : /etc
       conf file           : /etc/pacman.conf
    localstatedir          : /var
       database dir        : /var/lib/pacman/
    compiler               : gcc
    compiler flags         : -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

package-query version  : 0.8.1
    using git version      : yes
       git ver             : 0.8-7-ga0e5

Variable information:
    root working directory : /
    aur base url           : http://aur.archlinux.org

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT aur.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/aur.Tpo -c -o aur.o aur.c
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT alpm-query.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/alpm-query.Tpo -c -o alpm-query.o alpm-query.c
alpm-query.c: In function ‘alpm_pkg_get_realsize’:
alpm-query.c:499:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
alpm-query.c:501:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
mv -f .deps/aur.Tpo .deps/aur.Po
mv -f .deps/alpm-query.Tpo .deps/alpm-query.Po
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT util.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/util.Tpo -c -o util.o util.c
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT color.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/color.Tpo -c -o color.o color.c
util.c: In function ‘ltostr’:
util.c:469:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘asprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
util.c: In function ‘itostr’:
util.c:462:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘asprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
util.c: In function ‘string_fcat’:
util.c:344:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘vasprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
mv -f .deps/color.Tpo .deps/color.Po
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT package-query.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/package-query.Tpo -c -o package-query.o package-query.c
mv -f .deps/util.Tpo .deps/util.Po
mv -f .deps/package-query.Tpo .deps/package-query.Po
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -lcurl   -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu -o package-query aur.o alpm-query.o util.o color.o package-query.o  -lyajl -lalpm 
libtool: link: gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z -Wl,relro -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -o package-query aur.o alpm-query.o util.o color.o package-query.o  -lcurl -lyajl -lalpm
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
test -z "/usr/bin" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin"
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
  /bin/sh ../libtool   --mode=install /bin/install -c package-query '/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin'
libtool: install: /bin/install -c package-query /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin/package-query
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
Making install in doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/share/man/man8" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8"
 /bin/install -c -m 644 package-query.8 '/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Purging other files...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
==> Creating package...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: package-query-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:06 CEST 2011)
==> Installing package package-query-git with pacman-color -U...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): package-query-git-20110827-1 [0.02 MB]

Total Download Size:    0.00 MB
Total Installed Size:   0.05 MB

(1/1) checking package integrity                                                      [##################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                     [##################################################] 100%
(1/1) installing package-query-git                                                    [##################################################] 100%
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:07 CEST 2011)
==> Starting build()...
Cloning into yaourt...
remote: Counting objects: 2149, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1986/1986), done.
remote: Total 2149 (delta 1447), reused 117 (delta 88)
Receiving objects: 100% (2149/2149), 566.32 KiB | 819 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1447/1447), done.
Cloning into yaourt-build...
done.
        GEN yaourt.sh
        GEN pacdiffviewer.sh
        GEN lib/util.sh
        GEN lib/pkgbuild.sh
        GEN lib/pacman.sh
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/bash_completion.d
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man{5,8}
# Scripts
/bin/install  -m755 yaourt.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin/yaourt
/bin/install  -m755 pacdiffviewer.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin/pacdiffviewer
# Configuration
/bin/install  -m644 yaourtrc /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/yaourtrc
/bin/install  -m644 bashcompletion /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/bash_completion.d/yaourt
# Libs
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_backup.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_query.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_stats.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/abs.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/aur.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/util.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/io.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/pacman.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/pkgbuild.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
# Man
/bin/install  -m644 man/*.5 /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man5
/bin/install  -m644 man/*.8 /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8
# Locales
test -x /usr/bin/msgfmt && for file in po/*/*.po; \
do \
  package=$(echo $file | /bin/sed -e 's#po/\([^/]\+\).*#\1#'); \
  lang=$(echo $file | /bin/sed -e 's#.*/\([^/]\+\).po#\1#'); \
  /bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES; \
  /usr/bin/msgfmt -o /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES/$package.mo $file; \
done
==> Tidying install...
==> Creating package...
  -> Adding install file...
==> Finished making: yaourt-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:36 CEST 2011)
==> Installing package yaourt-git with pacman-color -U...

Targets (1): yaourt-git-20110827-1 [0.04 MB]

Total Installed Size:   0.15 MB

(1/1) checking package integrity                                                      [##################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                     [##################################################] 100%
(1/1) installing yaourt-git                                                           [##################################################] 100%
==> for a full colorized output, install pacman-color 
    and export PACMAN=pacman-color or set it 
    into yaourtrc file.
Optional dependencies for yaourt-git
    aurvote: vote for your favorite AUR packages
    customizepkg: automatically modify PKGBUILD during install/upgrade
    rsync: retrieve PKGBUILD from official repositories
    pacman-color: fully colorized output

Here is cower output when installing yaourt-git (both yaourt-git and package-query-git pkgs aren't installed):

$ cower -dd yaourt-git
:: yaourt-git downloaded to /home/remy
:: package-query-git downloaded to /home/remy

Please check that you got the exact same output as pacaur reads it to retrieve deps.
Out of curiosity, are you using some testing package (pacman 4.0rc1)?

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-27 09:01:20)

#90 2011-08-27 21:23:17

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

GSF1200S > 2.2.10 has been released on August 15, so if pacaur was working until a few days ago something changed in your config.
Just to be sure, I removed pacaur and all its dependencies, cleaned cache and /tmp dir, reinstalled pacaur 2.3.0 with packer and used the default config. My sudo config is set to nopassword with default timestamp:

root ALL=(ALL) ALL
%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
$ pacaur -S yaourt-git

:: Edit package-query-git PKGBUILD? [Y/n] n
:: Building package-query-git package...
==> Making package: package-query-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:12:38 CEST 2011)
==> Starting build()...
Cloning into package-query...
remote: Counting objects: 774, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (762/762), done.
remote: Total 774 (delta 540), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (774/774), 242.89 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (540/540), done.
Cloning into package-query-build...
done.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to i686-pc-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking ctype.h usability... yes
checking ctype.h presence... yes
checking for ctype.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... yes
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking sys/utsname.h usability... yes
checking sys/utsname.h presence... yes
checking for sys/utsname.h... yes
checking for alpm_version in -lalpm... yes
checking for yajl_free in -lyajl... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for LIBCURL... yes
checking for git... git
checking for .git/... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands

package-query:

Build information:
    source code location   : .
    prefix                 : /usr
    sysconfdir             : /etc
       conf file           : /etc/pacman.conf
    localstatedir          : /var
       database dir        : /var/lib/pacman/
    compiler               : gcc
    compiler flags         : -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2

package-query version  : 0.8.1
    using git version      : yes
       git ver             : 0.8-7-ga0e5

Variable information:
    root working directory : /
    aur base url           : http://aur.archlinux.org

make  all-recursive
Making all in src
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT aur.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/aur.Tpo -c -o aur.o aur.c
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT alpm-query.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/alpm-query.Tpo -c -o alpm-query.o alpm-query.c
alpm-query.c: In function ‘alpm_pkg_get_realsize’:
alpm-query.c:499:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
alpm-query.c:501:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
mv -f .deps/aur.Tpo .deps/aur.Po
mv -f .deps/alpm-query.Tpo .deps/alpm-query.Po
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT util.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/util.Tpo -c -o util.o util.c
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT color.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/color.Tpo -c -o color.o color.c
util.c: In function ‘ltostr’:
util.c:469:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘asprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
util.c: In function ‘itostr’:
util.c:462:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘asprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
util.c: In function ‘string_fcat’:
util.c:344:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘vasprintf’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
mv -f .deps/color.Tpo .deps/color.Po
gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DCONFFILE=\"/etc/pacman.conf\" -DROOTDIR=\"/\" -DDBPATH=\"/var/lib/pacman/\" -DAUR_BASE_URL=\"http://aur.archlinux.org\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGIT_VERSION=\"0.8-7-ga0e5\" -I. -I..     -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT package-query.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/package-query.Tpo -c -o package-query.o package-query.c
mv -f .deps/util.Tpo .deps/util.Po
mv -f .deps/package-query.Tpo .deps/package-query.Po
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc  -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -lcurl   -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu -o package-query aur.o alpm-query.o util.o color.o package-query.o  -lyajl -lalpm 
libtool: link: gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z -Wl,relro -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -o package-query aur.o alpm-query.o util.o color.o package-query.o  -lcurl -lyajl -lalpm
Making all in doc
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
test -z "/usr/bin" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin"
  /bin/sh ../libtool   --mode=install /bin/install -c package-query '/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin'
libtool: install: /bin/install -c package-query /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/bin/package-query
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/src'
Making install in doc
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
test -z "/usr/share/man/man8" || /bin/mkdir -p "/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8"
 /bin/install -c -m 644 package-query.8 '/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/package-query-git/src/package-query-build/doc'
==> Tidying install...
==> Creating package...
==> Finished making: package-query-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:06 CEST 2011)
==> Installing package package-query-git with pacman-color -U...

Targets (1): package-query-git-20110827-1 [0.02 MB]

Total Installed Size:   0.05 MB

(1/1) installing package-query-git                                                    [##################################################] 100%
==> Making package: yaourt-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:07 CEST 2011)
==> Starting build()...
Cloning into yaourt...
remote: Counting objects: 2149, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1986/1986), done.
remote: Total 2149 (delta 1447), reused 117 (delta 88)
Receiving objects: 100% (2149/2149), 566.32 KiB | 819 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1447/1447), done.
Cloning into yaourt-build...
done.
        GEN yaourt.sh
        GEN pacdiffviewer.sh
        GEN lib/util.sh
        GEN lib/pkgbuild.sh
        GEN lib/pacman.sh
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/bash_completion.d
/bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man{5,8}
# Scripts
/bin/install  -m755 yaourt.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin/yaourt
/bin/install  -m755 pacdiffviewer.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/bin/pacdiffviewer
# Configuration
/bin/install  -m644 yaourtrc /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/yaourtrc
/bin/install  -m644 bashcompletion /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/etc/bash_completion.d/yaourt
# Libs
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_backup.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_query.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/alpm_stats.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/abs.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/aur.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/util.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/io.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/pacman.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
/bin/install  -m644 lib/pkgbuild.sh /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/lib/yaourt
# Man
/bin/install  -m644 man/*.5 /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man5
/bin/install  -m644 man/*.8 /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/man/man8
# Locales
test -x /usr/bin/msgfmt && for file in po/*/*.po; \
do \
  package=$(echo $file | /bin/sed -e 's#po/\([^/]\+\).*#\1#'); \
  lang=$(echo $file | /bin/sed -e 's#.*/\([^/]\+\).po#\1#'); \
  /bin/install  -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES; \
  /usr/bin/msgfmt -o /tmp/pacaurtmp-remy/yaourt-git/pkg/usr/share/locale/$lang/LC_MESSAGES/$package.mo $file; \
done
==> Tidying install...
==> Creating package...
  -> Adding install file...
==> Finished making: yaourt-git 20110827-1 (Sat Aug 27 10:13:36 CEST 2011)
==> Installing package yaourt-git with pacman-color -U...

Targets (1): yaourt-git-20110827-1 [0.04 MB]

Total Installed Size:   0.15 MB

(1/1) installing yaourt-git                                                           [##################################################] 100%
==> for a full colorized output, install pacman-color 
    and export PACMAN=pacman-color or set it 
    into yaourtrc file.
Optional dependencies for yaourt-git
    aurvote: vote for your favorite AUR packages
    customizepkg: automatically modify PKGBUILD during install/upgrade
    rsync: retrieve PKGBUILD from official repositories
    pacman-color: fully colorized output

Here is cower output when installing yaourt-git (both yaourt-git and package-query-git pkgs aren't installed):

$ cower -dd yaourt-git
:: yaourt-git downloaded to /home/remy
:: package-query-git downloaded to /home/remy

Please check that you got the exact same output as pacaur reads it to retrieve deps.
Out of curiosity, are you using some testing package (pacman 4.0rc1)?

Well man, gonna have to throw in the towel at this point- its just not gonna work here. I created a new partition and installed a very basic Arch install (on my laptop- yes, a third install- only takes about 15 minutes), grabbed pacaur and installed it via a series of makepkg's (grabbing cower, etc, etc). and it still failed out showing only one target. Cower indeed prints out the exact same result as you quoted, and if I change my build directory to /home/user/build, I can watch directories for both yaourt-git and package-query-git spawn, yet pacaur's output only shows 1 target and fails to install because it cannot satisfy dependencies. On my actual two installs (the ones I use), I tried creating new users, running pacaur as root, running the latest git of cower, etc etc etc, and it does the same thing everytime.

To be honest, back when I used pacaur before trying this (multiple AUR deps), I didnt have the foresight to realize this would/could be a problem; unfortunately, I dont remember ever trying to install a package with multiple AUR dependencies, most likely because most packages dont have AUR dependencies. So, I dont know if it was working or not, though I assume it was or someone would have mentioned it.

You cite that yours works, but you are also the developer, so perhaps something is different on your install? Are you using a certain git revision of cower and that has a unique syntax in its output? I dont know- im grasping at straws here. I think at the end of the day, despite my tenacious tendencies to fix issues as they are a challenge, I have to realize that its just an AUR wrapper..

Ill keep updating pacaur and see if a future update changes my fortunes..

#91 2011-08-27 22:27:28

mhertz

GSF1200S wrote:

Can someone else please post the completed results of pacaur -S yaourt-git? This is driving me nuts because it doesnt make sense.. hmm

I don't use any aur helper myself(just a curl/makepkg zsh function), but I have just tested this, and i'm affraid that it also works on my end!

The first time, pacaur prompted to install both yaourt-git and package-query-git, but second time I tested, where it should just reinstall, then it only updated yaourt-git, but not package-query-git? But nonetheless, both runs did work without problem...

Very strange indeed, since you've also reinstalled to test and still nothing!

Sorry I cannot be of any help, mate!

Btw, whenever I have a problem with a shell script, then I always try to run it in debug mode, so as I can verify the error and post the output to the developer..

bash -x pacaur -S yaourt-git

CU, Martin.

Last edited by mhertz (2011-08-27 22:33:08)

#92 2011-08-27 22:57:19

GSF1200S

mhertz wrote:
GSF1200S wrote:

I don't use any aur helper myself(just a curl/makepkg zsh function), but I have just tested this, and i'm affraid that it also works on my end!

The first time, pacaur prompted to install both yaourt-git and package-query-git, but second time I tested, where it should just reinstall, then it only updated yaourt-git, but not package-query-git? But nonetheless, both runs did work without problem...

Very strange indeed, since you've also reinstalled to test and still nothing!

Sorry I cannot be of any help, mate!

Btw, whenever I have a problem with a shell script, then I always try to run it in debug mode, so as I can verify the error and post the output to the developer..

bash -x pacaur -S yaourt-git

CU, Martin.

Arggh! So frustrating. I dont understand what I could be doing wrong- its got to be me, but I dont know why.

Anyways, very good tip in using bash -x- I never tried that. This will probably expose where im an idiot:

[poeticrpm@geekdom ~]$ bash -x pacaur -S yaourt-git
+ name=pacaur
+ version=2.3.1
+ tmpDir=/tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
+ [[ -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm ]]
+ rm -rf /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
+ mkdir -p /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
+ buildDir=/tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
+ editor=/home/poeticrpm/ArchLinux/editor.sh
+ color=true
+ clean=true
+ fallback=true
+ carchmagic=false
+ source /etc/pacaur.conf
++ buildDir=/tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
++ editor=/home/poeticrpm/ArchLinux/editor.sh
++ color=true
++ clean=true
++ fallback=true
++ carchmagic=false
+ [[ -r /home/poeticrpm/.config/pacaur/config ]]
+ true
+ pacmanBin=pacman-color
+ cower='cower --color=always'
++ tput bold
+ bold=''
++ tput sgr0
+ reset=''
+ colorR='\e[1;31m'
+ colorG='\e[1;32m'
+ colorY='\e[1;33m'
+ colorB='\e[1;34m'
+ colorM='\e[1;35m'
+ colorC='\e[1;36m'
+ colorW='\e[1;37m'
+ [[ -n -S ]]
+ pkgs=()
+ count=0
+ [[ -n -S ]]
+ case "$1" in
+ option=sync
+ installpkg=true
+ force=true
+ edit=true
+ shift
+ [[ -n yaourt-git ]]
+ case "$1" in
+ pkgs+=("$1")
+ shift
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm ]]
+ [[ ! -f /usr/bin/pacman-color ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n sync ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ '' = search ]]
+ [[ '' = info ]]
+ [[ '' = download ]]
+ [[ '' = makepkg ]]
+ [[ '' = check ]]
+ [[ sync = search ]]
+ [[ sync = sync ]]
+ ClassifyPkgs yaourt-git
+ [[ true = true ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ GetIgnoredGrps
+ ignoredgrps+=($(grep '^ *IgnoreGroup' '/etc/pacman.conf' | cut -d '=' -f 2-))
++ grep '^ *IgnoreGroup' /etc/pacman.conf
++ cut -d = -f 2-
+ for i in '${pkgs[@]}'
+ [[    =~  yaourt-git  ]]
++ pacman-color -S --print yaourt-git
++ grep -v error:
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ aurpkgs+=("$i")
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n yaourt-git ]]
+ [[ true = true ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ warn 'Package(s) \e[1;37myaourt-git not found in repositories, trying \e[1;35maur...'
+ echo -e '\e[1;33m:: Package(s) \e[1;37myaourt-git not found in repositories, trying \e[1;35maur...'
+ GetIgnoredPkgs
+ ignoredpkgs+=($(grep '^ *IgnorePkg' '/etc/pacman.conf' | cut -d '=' -f 2-))
++ grep '^ *IgnorePkg' /etc/pacman.conf
++ cut -d = -f 2-
+ [[ -e /home/poeticrpm/.config/cower/config ]]
+ ignoredpkgs=(${ignoredpkgs[@]//,/ })
+ Core yaourt-git
+ DownloadPkgs yaourt-git
+ source /etc/makepkg.conf
++ DLAGENTS=('ftp::/usr/bin/wget -c --passive-ftp -t 3 --waitretry=3 -O %o %u' 'http::/usr/bin/wget -c -t 3 --waitretry=3 -O %o %u' 'https::/usr/bin/wget -c -t 3 --waitretry=3 --no-check-certificate -O %o %u' 'rsync::/usr/bin/rsync -z %u %o' 'scp::/usr/bin/scp -C %u %o')
++ CARCH=x86_64
++ CHOST=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
++ CFLAGS='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
++ CXXFLAGS='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
++ LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu
++ MAKEFLAGS=-j5
++ BUILDENV=(fakeroot !distcc color !ccache check)
++ OPTIONS=(strip docs libtool emptydirs zipman purge)
++ INTEGRITY_CHECK=(md5)
++ STRIP_BINARIES=--strip-all
++ STRIP_SHARED=--strip-unneeded
++ STRIP_STATIC=--strip-debug
++ MAN_DIRS=({usr{,/local}{,/share},opt/*}/{man,info})
++ DOC_DIRS=(usr/{,local/}{,share/}{doc,gtk-doc} opt/*/{doc,gtk-doc})
++ PURGE_TARGETS=(usr/{,share}/info/dir .packlist *.pod)
++ PKGEXT=.pkg.tar.xz
++ SRCEXT=.src.tar.gz
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ false = false ]]
+ DownloadDepsAur yaourt-git
+ [[ -n true ]]
+ f=-f
+ [[ '' = download ]]
+ [[ ! '' = download ]]
+ deps+=($($cower -dd $f $@ -t $buildDir 2>"$tmpDir/repodepspkgs" | awk -F " " '{print $2}'| sed -r "s:\x1B\[[0-9;]*[mK]::g"))
++ cower --color=always -dd -f yaourt-git -t /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm
++ awk -F ' ' '{print $2}'
++ sed -r 's:\x1B\[[0-9;]*[mK]::g'
+ [[ ! '' = download ]]
+ cat /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/repodepspkgs
+ timeout yaourt-git package-query-git
++ echo yaourt-git package-query-git
++ grep -v 'Couldn'\''t resolve host name'
++ grep -v 'no results found for'
+ [[ -z yaourt-git package-query-git ]]
+ repodepspkgs=($(cat "$tmpDir/repodepspkgs" | awk -F " " '{print $2}' | sed -r "s:\x1B\[[0-9;]*[mK]::g"))
++ cat /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/repodepspkgs
++ awk -F ' ' '{print $2}'
++ sed -r 's:\x1B\[[0-9;]*[mK]::g'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ for i in '${deps[@]}'
++ grep '$CARCH' /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/yaourt-git/PKGBUILD
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ for i in '${deps[@]}'
++ grep '$CARCH' /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/package-query-git/PKGBUILD
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ MakePkgs yaourt-git package-query-git
+ [[ -n conky thunderbird linux linux-headers ]]
+ IgnoreChecks yaourt-git package-query-git
+ unset deps
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ for i in '"${aurpkgs[@]}"'
+ [[  conky thunderbird linux linux-headers  =~  yaourt-git  ]]
+ deps+=("$i")
+ nothingtodo yaourt-git
+ [[ -z yaourt-git ]]
+ ReinstallChecks yaourt-git
+ exist=($(expac -Q %n ${deps[@]}))
++ expac -Q %n yaourt-git
+ Qversion=($(expac -Q %v ${deps[@]}))
++ expac -Q %v yaourt-git
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<0 ))
+ OutofdateChecks yaourt-git
+ for i in '${deps[@]}'
+ paraexec
+ DownloadJson yaourt-git
+ [[ ! -f /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/yaourt-git.json ]]
+ curl -Lfs '[url]https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=info&arg=yaourt-git[/url]'
++ jobs
++ wc -l
+ ((  1 >= 10  ))
+ wait
+ for i in '${deps[@]}'
++ grep '"OutOfDate":"1"' /tmp/pacaurtmp-poeticrpm/yaourt-git.json
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n sync ]]
+ echo -e '\n\e[1;33mAUR Targets (1): yaourt-git'

+ [[ ! -n sync ]]
+ echo ''

+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ proceedY 'Proceed with installation?'
+ echo -ne 'Proceed with installation? [Y/n] '
Proceed with installation? [Y/n] + read -n 1 yn
n+ echo ''

+ case $yn in
+ return 1
+ CleanUp yaourt-git
+ exit

Very good advice there... It seems to be mentioning package-query-git a good deal of the way through.. This is from my desktop- ill try my laptop shortly..

**EDIT 2** Spyhawk, no I do not have any testing packages on any of the 3 systems; failed to answer that question in my last post. mhertz- thanks for mentioning bash -x- Ill be able to use that as I learn bash!

Last edited by GSF1200S (2011-08-27 23:17:44)

#93 2011-08-28 07:26:04

saad

Hi Everyone, I have just downloaded installed pacaur, and tried installing "Awesome" several times but this keeps hapenning :

==> Finished making: cairo-xcb 1.10.2-2 (Sun Aug 28 06:58:08 WET 2011)
==> Installing package cairo-xcb with pacman-color -U...
:: cairo-xcb and cairo are in conflict. Remove cairo? [y/N] 
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: cairo-xcb and cairo are in conflict
==> WARNING: Failed to install built package(s).

pacaur doesn't give me the time to type "y" to remove cairo and install cairo-xcb, it doesn't wait for the answer, it just displays the error messages after asking the question.
Am I doing something wrong? or is it a problem with pacaur?

#94 2011-08-28 10:11:20

Spyhawk

GSF1200S > I haven't found the exact problem yet, but I think I'm on something.

Could you empty your IgnorePkg variable in pacman.conf or cower config file and try again?
You're not an idiot, that's me that probably haven't tested correctly all existing configuration or that broke something on an update thereafter sad

saad > That is the most annoying known bug. That one is actually half fixed in a devel branch, but the other half isn't working properly yet. While I a find a way to fix it, compile cairo-xcb deps and install it manually with pacman.

#95 2011-08-28 10:32:07

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

GSF1200S > I haven't found the exact problem yet, but I think I'm on something.

Could you empty your IgnorePkg variable in pacman.conf or cower config file and try again?
You're not an idiot, that's me that probably haven't tested correctly all existing configuration or that broke something on an update thereafter sad

saad > That is the most annoying known bug. That one is actually half fixed in a devel branch, but the other half isn't working properly yet. While I a find a way to fix it, compile cairo-xcb deps and install it manually with pacman.

Wow. That is one thing I simply never thought to try as the packages had nothing to do with yaourt-git (or vpack). Currently, I dont even have a cower config file as the only thing I use cower for is pacaur and to download aur packages when I need to manually makepkg them, so keep that in mind. I immediately just move a certain set of files over (ssh, rc.conf (to edit), pacman.conf, many .config stuff) whenever I do a new install. That explains it..

Indeed, commenting out the IgnorePkg line in /etc/pacman.conf fixes this problem and shows both yaourt-git and package-query-git on the install. Finally, eh? wink Bugs like this suck because there are seemingly unrelated components to them...

mhertz- thanks again for the good idea- it helped!

Last edited by GSF1200S (2011-08-28 10:32:35)

#96 2011-08-28 18:02:49

Spyhawk

Indeed, commenting out the IgnorePkg line in /etc/pacman.conf fixes this problem and shows both yaourt-git and package-query-git on the install. Finally, eh? wink Bugs like this suck because there are seemingly unrelated components to them...

That's even worst when you fix a bug that broke something in the opposite part of the code. Anyway, it took me some time to debug but that issue should be solved in 2.3.2 now.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2011-08-28 18:03:45)

#97 2011-08-28 19:59:39

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

That's even worst when you fix a bug that broke something in the opposite part of the code. Anyway, it took me some time to debug but that issue should be solved in 2.3.2 now.

Indeed- problem solved smile

Perfect for me now. Ill let you know if I find anything else, and I appreciate the tenacity smile

#98 2011-08-30 04:55:27

saad

I think I may have found a bug, this happens when installing AUR packages that use GIT
this is what happened when installing the package "dex-git"

-> Version found: 20110830
==> Starting build()...
==> Connecting to the dex git repository...
Cloning into dex...
remote: Counting objects: 18, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (15/15), done.
remote: Total 18 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (18/18), done.
==> GIT checkout done or server timeout
==> Patching for python2...
==> Installing...
==> Tidying install...
==> Creating package...
==> Finished making: [b]dex-git 20101113-1[/b] (Tue Aug 30 03:21:17 WET 2011)
==> Installing package dex-git with pacman-color -U...
error: '/tmp/pacaurtmp-saad/dex-git/dex-git-20101113-1-any.pkg.tar.xz': cannot open package file
==> WARNING: Failed to install built package(s).
saad@AnArchy ~ $ ls /tmp/pacaurtmp-saad/dex-git/
dex-git-20110830-1-any.pkg.tar.xz  pkg  PKGBUILD  src

the file dex-git-20101113-1-any.pkg.tar.xz does not existe, the generated file is called dex-git-20110830-1-any.pkg.tar.xz,
I think that pacaur shouldn't read the package version from the PKGBUILD when calling pacman, but from the system date. I hope this helps

thanks Spyhawk for all the good work, please keep up

#99 2011-08-30 08:18:32

X-dark
Website

GSF1200S wrote:
Spyhawk wrote:

Indeed- problem solved smile

Perfect for me now. Ill let you know if I find anything else, and I appreciate the tenacity smile

Is it?
The bug is still there for me.

pacaur version:

pacman -Qi pacaur
Name           : pacaur
Version        : 2.3.2-1

With "IgnorePkg   = cacti" in pacman.conf:

:: xmobar-git 20110606-1 -> 20110828-1
:: haskell-time is available in extra
:: haskell-binary is available in community
:: haskell-bytestring is available in extra
:: haskell-extensible-exceptions is available in extra

AUR Targets (1): xmobar-git

Without it (commenting the whole line):

:: xmobar-git 20110606-1 -> 20110828-1
:: haskell-binary is available in community
:: haskell-time is available in extra
:: haskell-bytestring is available in extra
:: haskell-extensible-exceptions is available in extra

AUR Targets (3): xmobar-git haskell-timezone-olson haskell-timezone-series

Last edited by X-dark (2011-08-30 08:19:05)

Cedric Girard

#100 2011-08-30 08:41:54

X-dark
Website

Correction. The flagged 2.3.2 version in the aur is not the version up to the 2.3.2 commit in the git repo:

╔═(cgirard@cedric-laptop)────(10:32:40 Tue Aug 30)────(~)
╚═══[$]> grep ignorepkgs /usr/bin/pacaur 
619:        '--ignore') ignoredpkgs+=("$2"); ignorepkgs+=("--ignore" "$2"); shift;;
746:    [[ ! $aur ]] && runasroot $pacmanBin $pacmanarg ${pacopts[@]} ${ignorepkgs[@]}

I'm not sure the way you are packaging it on the AUR is the better way to avoid this kind of mistakes because the file is just included with the PKGBUILD and has no relation to the version on github.
I think you can apply "real" tag on specific commit. Github allow then to download sources as tarball for a specific tag.

Last edited by X-dark (2011-08-30 08:44:08)

Cedric Girard

Board footer