You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-21 02:26:51

anstmich

Cant build gnome-themes-standard-git

Hi all, I am trying to install gnome-themes-standard-git from AUR, however it fails to detect GTK, throwing the error:

checking for GTK... no
configure: error: GTK+-3.0 is required to compile gnome-themes-standard

I am positive the GTK3 is installed and I cant think of any other related dependency that I might be missing.  Is their anyway to bypass this check when installing the package?  I considered sketchly removing the check from the source's configure file, but I figured that that would probably lead to other problems.

Any ideas?

#2 2011-06-21 02:50:35

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Cant build gnome-themes-standard-git

Like all git packages, it may break from time to time. Anything in particular you're looking for? I have an old compiled version of it that I can email to you (its my package in the first place).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-06-21 03:18:15

anstmich

Thanks for the reply!  I was just looking for the adwaita-dark theme.  Ill pm you with my email.  Thanks a lot!

#4 2011-06-21 06:08:13

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Please mark the thread [solved]. And you're welcome.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2011-08-28 13:44:35

marines
Website

The thing is the problem isn't solved at all. I'm wondering what causes this error.

#6 2011-08-28 13:49:56

wonder
Developer
Website

marines wrote:

The thing is the problem isn't solved at all. I'm wondering what causes this error.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-theme … ure.ac#n31

you need at least gtk3 3.1.11

Last edited by wonder (2011-08-28 13:50:10)

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

Board footer