You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-06 07:04:24

matjaz

/proc/acpi/sleep missing

For some reason I am missing /proc/acpi/sleep and therefore can't put the computer into standby. This happened during my upgrade to the 2.6.11 kernel. I hoped that by switching to the 2.6.12-cko2-swsusp2 kernel the situation would be fixed but its not. This did add the hibernate to disk option however. I also added parameters acpi=on, apm=off at boot since this is a toshiba 5105 laptop without a legacy bios and has no apm support. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong and how to fix this situation.

Thanks for the help,
Matt

#2 2005-07-06 15:06:50

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: /proc/acpi/sleep missing

/proc/acpi/sleep has been deprecated (check menuconfig under the ACPI stuff) - I haven't looked into whatever is used to replace it, but the hibernate scripts should cover it

#3 2005-07-06 15:43:22

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

gah!
No wonder I have been having trouble sleeping at night. It has been deprecated!

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2005-07-06 17:29:19

matjaz

Hi,

Do you know how to use the hibernate script. More specifically the reason I am asking it seems kde is looking for things in /proc/acpi/sleep and not finding them. This means the standby and other options are not enabled. Is there something I need to change in kde to get this to work or not.

Thanks for the help,
Matt

#5 2005-07-06 18:35:58

kth5
Website

as far as i know, procfs is meant to display information about all running processes and that's it. since it has been misused for some time already it's hard to move all the functionality again to somewhere else (sysctl) but it's slowly happening.
i don't know how much of the settings can be done using sysctl yet if not all already but everyone should consider using it instead of procfs anyway.

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

Board footer