You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-04 12:19:46

morganmay

/dev/fb0: no such file or directory

I'm experiencing the same problem in almost exactly the same situation as this post: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=121533. I'm trying to install Arch in VirtualBox running on Windows 7 x64. I get the errors:

(EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
(EE) AIGLX error: vboxvideo does not export required DRI extension

The only difference is that I created the regular user before installing Xorg. The solution in that thread doesn't work for me. What else could be causing this problem?

#2 2011-09-04 17:22:54

ewaller
Administrator

Re: /dev/fb0: no such file or directory

For starters, verify that the node /dev/fb0 does not exist.
Can you verify that you have installed the guest additions?
Did you install virtualbox-archlinux-additions and virtualbox-archlinux-modules, or did you mount an iso from the host?
If you mounted an iso, was it the one that you downloaded with Windows Virtualbox, or did you use community/virtualbox-additions (which would require some effort to move over to Windows from the guest environment)?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-09-04 18:32:39

morganmay

Re: /dev/fb0: no such file or directory

Yes, I have verified that /devfb0 does not exist and the extensions are definitely installed. I installed the native virtualbox packages, not ones from an ISO.

Board footer