You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-04 13:15:46

rg_arc

SLIM and Gnome keyring issue

Hello Arch users,

I came across an annoying occurrence with GDM with the Gnome keyring dialogue popping up everytime I try to use applications, such as Google Chrome. I tried to put in the same password that I use to log into arch and gnome keyring still pops up every time I log in. The radio button that I want to click "automatically log in.." (I can't remember in detail the exact sentence) is grey and I can't access that option so I looked into fixing that.

I basically want to be able to eliminate the gnome keyring dialog but also use GDM or SLIM to log in automatically. I downloaded and started using SLIM instead of GDM and looked through the wiki and several posts to see what to do about the keyring issue.

I found this when I was sifting through different mentions about the subject. I found that article helpful and I changed my ~/.xinitrc accordingly like this:

exec ck-launch-session gnome-session

eval $(gnome-keyring-daemon -s --components=pkcs11,secrets,ssh)

as well as my /etc/slim.conf file as mentioned in the bug thread.

Another change I made was to the /etc/pam.d/slim file:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            requisite       pam_nologin.so
auth            required        pam_env.so
auth            required        pam_unix.so
account         required        pam_unix.so
password        required        pam_unix.so
session         required        pam_limits.so
session         required        pam_unix.so
session         optional        pam_loginuid.so
session         optional        pam_ck_connector.so
auth            optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so*
session         optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start*

* marks the changes I made.

The only issue I am having now is that I can't shutdown the computer by clicking the "Power Off.." option in Gnome 3 under the drop down list beneath my name. Additionally, I can't shutdown the computer by shutting my laptop screen/lid, which is an option I specifically wanted in Gnome tweak advanced settings. Is there something I am leaving out? I am not sure how to make my computer shutdown other than just using the terminal everytime...

Thanks ahead of time for any input

#2 2011-09-05 04:01:09

rg_arc

Re: SLIM and Gnome keyring issue

If I edited those changes back do default again, will I be able to log in using SLIM without the Gnome Keyring dialog popping up?

Board footer