You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-11 00:47:52

zen_guerrilla

nforce

nforce.tar.bz2: Audio & net drivers for nForce 1/2 chipsets.

#2 2003-11-21 20:58:43

Freedomzen

Re: nforce

in refrence to this I have a friend that wants to use arch but cannot get the internet up we tried using the modules from this pkg in incoming by copying them from there to a cd and mounting the cd on the arch box and then did a pacman -A to install em, it did install them but in the lib/modules/2.4.22 dir so we copied them to the lib/modules/2.4.21 dir .....we got unresolved symbols so we copied the pkg from nvidias site and installed them did everything to start the network and configured the card all seems good but nooooooo dhcp times out.... going completley bald on this one please help!!!!!!!

#3 2003-11-21 21:29:51

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

You could try using my -jc patchset iso... it uses 2.4.22 as the default kernel.

ftp://archlinux.org/people/jason/arch-jc/

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#4 2003-11-22 05:26:52

sud_crow
Website

Freedomzen wrote:

in refrence to this I have a friend that wants to use arch but cannot get the internet up we tried using the modules from this pkg in incoming by copying them from there to a cd and mounting the cd on the arch box and then did a pacman -A to install em, it did install them but in the lib/modules/2.4.22 dir so we copied them to the lib/modules/2.4.21 dir .....we got unresolved symbols so we copied the pkg from nvidias site and installed them did everything to start the network and configured the card all seems good but nooooooo dhcp times out.... going completley bald on this one please help!!!!!!!

You should update to kernel 2.4.22 before using a pkg compiled for it.
I think you might want to download all the "base" updated pkgs and then make a pacman -Syu using the CD as the primary repository and then install the nforce pkg.
If this is too much work (or maybe it doesnt work and im just guessing?) you might run "pacman -S eachpkg" (always using the CD as the main rep) and then install the nforce drivers....

Just a thought.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#5 2003-11-28 14:34:47

lytez
Website

I installed arch linux using the jc package and the nforce nvnet driver, this worked great...however, audio has been another issue all together.  when i try to use either the nvaudio driver or the alsa driver i get unresolved symbol errors indicating smp...this confused me because if the package was built on an smp box should it really matter? the net driver worked fine...i used hwd from contra's repository and it told me to insmod i810_audio, this makes the sound work but everything sounds like the chipmunks first album...i was wondering if it might be possible to alter any args sent to i810_audio to get it working correctly, or get the source for the nforce package...thanx in advance

.: lytez :.

#6 2003-11-28 14:57:32

zen_guerrilla

lytez wrote:

i was wondering if it might be possible to alter any args sent to i810_audio to get it working correctly, or get the source for the nforce package...thanx in advance

try

modinfo `find /lib/modules/2.4.22 -name "*i810_audio*"`

& check for an option to set frequency, then set it to 48000. I don't have a box with nforce to verify it at the moment, however alsa should work with it, if configured properly (we have 2 boxes at work with nforce2 & they work with alsa).

#7 2003-11-28 18:31:42

hApy
Website

make sure you are compiling the alsa-driver package from source (using abs) if you are using anything but the standard kernel or else you will get unresolved symbols.

Hapy.

#8 2003-12-03 08:43:55

lytez
Website

I know this post is late, but I just wanted to thank you for your help, I installed from source via ABS and everything is runnin' smooth now! smile

.: lytez :.

Board footer