You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-10 15:44:34

startover

huge latency / keyboard-response-time when typing in IDE

I am experiencing a huge latency when working with some IDE's text editors, and keyboard response time is annoying long, sometimes what I have typed appears after a whole word is typed.

This happens in some IDE's which do some background parsing as I type,

hard drive led turns on before the text editor shows what I have typed which makes me suspect it has something to do with spin down (which yet doesn't make much sense)

any idea guys?

Last edited by startover (2011-09-10 15:56:12)

#2 2011-09-10 18:02:53

framas

Re: huge latency / keyboard-response-time when typing in IDE

startover wrote:

I am experiencing a huge latency when working with some IDE's text editors, and keyboard response time is annoying long, sometimes what I have typed appears after a whole word is typed.

This happens in some IDE's which do some background parsing as I type,

I don't know which IDE you are using, but one which huge IO on background parsing sounds for me like Intellij IDEA :-)

There was a bug with java 7 which makes the entire text editor really slow.
http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-73128
But this is fixed with the release 10.5.2 which was released this week. In this case you should install the update, otherwise no idea.
Maybe you should post which IDE's you are using so the people here must not guess to help you.

hard drive led turns on before the text editor shows what I have typed which makes me suspect it has something to do with spin down (which yet doesn't make much sense)

any idea guys?

Board footer