You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-15 18:51:16

phunni

[Solved] XFCE4 No permissions on mounts

I'm trying to set up XFCE4 on my wife's laptop and I'm having issues with automounts.  I finally managed to get them to appear on the desktop (CDs and USB), but when I click on them I get the following error:

Failed to mount "mount name" Not Authorized

I have tried everything in the wiki and have it set up as the wiki suggests.  I'm starting XFCE4 in my .xinitrc which is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
#
# ~/.xinitrc
#
# Executed by startx (run your window manager from here)

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ]; then
  for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/*; do
    [ -x "$f" ] && . "$f"
  done
  unset f
fi

exec dbus-launch ck-launch-session startxfce4

I've tweaked /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy to be very generous with it's permissions and the user is in storage and optical. I've searched through all the threads with the same problem but am not finding a solution that seems to work for me.

Can anyone please suggest where I'm going wrong.

Last edited by phunni (2011-09-19 10:54:39)

#2 2011-09-15 19:07:06

karol
Archivist

Re: [Solved] XFCE4 No permissions on mounts

Have you read the note just above https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xf … ithin_Xfce ?

Note: dbus-launch should actually be called after ck-launch-session, otherwise there will be authorization problems when mounting disks as a regular user, see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25031.

#3 2011-09-15 20:07:16

phunni

Re: [Solved] XFCE4 No permissions on mounts

Thanks for that - I had missed it! (oops).  I moved dbus-launch to later in the command and it does seem to have solved the problem.  It's odd, though, because I had it there earlier today and it was actually causing xorg to not start properly.  It seems fine at the moment, so I'll just keep an eye on it.

Thanks again for the help.

Board footer