You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-15 20:20:20

mariusmeyer
Member
From: Norway
Registered: 2009-04-25
Posts: 244

[SOLVED] Lots of errors generated when updating texlive-bin

EDIT: Never mind, the home page of Arch has info on this. Please delete this thread wink

Hello all,

today I ran 'pacman -Syu' and found three updates: texlive-bin, texlive-core and texlive-science. Upon upgrading texlive-bin, I recieved the following errors:

advarsel: /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg installert som /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg.pacnew
>>> texlive: updating the filename database...
mktexlsr: Updating /etc/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf-dist/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Done.
recreating all formats...Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=latex -progname=latex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *latex.ini' failed
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdflatex.ini' failed
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=mllatex -progname=mllatex -translate-file=cp227.tcx -mltex mllatex.ini' failed
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdftex -progname=pdftex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini' failed
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=etex -progname=etex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *etex.ini' failed
Error: `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini' failed
Error: `xetex -ini  -jobname=xetex -progname=xetex -etex xetex.ini' failed
Error: `xetex -ini  -jobname=xelatex -progname=xelatex -etex xelatex.ini' failed

###############################################################################
fmtutil: Error! Not all formats have been built successfully.
Visit the log files in directory
  /var/lib/texmf/web2c
for details.
###############################################################################

This is a summary of all `failed' messages:
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=latex -progname=latex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *latex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdflatex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=mllatex -progname=mllatex -translate-file=cp227.tcx -mltex mllatex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdftex -progname=pdftex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=etex -progname=etex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *etex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdfetex -progname=pdfetex -translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini' failed
`xetex -ini  -jobname=xetex -progname=xetex -etex xetex.ini' failed
`xetex -ini  -jobname=xelatex -progname=xelatex -etex xelatex.ini' failed
 done.
 (logs are under /var/lib/texmf/web2c/<engine>/<formatname>.log)

However, as pacman updated the other two packages, no errors were reported:

(2/3) oppgraderer texlive-core                     [######################] 100%
>>> texlive: saving updmap.cfg as /tmp/tmp.VZ3kpfiQiT...
>>> texlive: regenerating updmap.cfg (custom additions shoud go
             into /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
>>> texlive: updating the filename database...
mktexlsr: Updating /etc/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf-dist/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Done.
>>> texlive: updating the fontmap files with updmap...
 done.
>>> texlive: recreating all formats...
 done.
 (logs are under /var/lib/texmf/web2c/<engine>/<formatname>.log)
NB: To setup ConTeXt and the lua(la)tex font db,
    see http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TeX_Live
(3/3) oppgraderer texlive-science                  [######################] 100%
>>> texlive: saving updmap.cfg as /tmp/tmp.MFztNbCAth...
>>> texlive: regenerating updmap.cfg (custom additions shoud go
             into /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
>>> texlive: updating the filename database...
mktexlsr: Updating /etc/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /usr/share/texmf-dist/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Updating /var/lib/texmf/ls-R... 
mktexlsr: Done.
>>> texlive: updating the fontmap files with updmap...
 done.

Is this something I should investigate? Is it a packaging bug? The mirror I use is in sync as far as I can tell.

Thank you for any replies!
Cheers smile

Last edited by mariusmeyer (2011-09-15 20:24:36)

Offline

#2 2011-09-15 20:45:21

loafer
Member
From: the pub
Registered: 2009-04-14
Posts: 1,689

Re: [SOLVED] Lots of errors generated when updating texlive-bin

Threads aren't deleted just mark it as [solved] so anyone searching will understand.


All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

Offline

#3 2011-09-15 20:57:44

bernarcher
Forum Fellow
From: Germany
Registered: 2009-02-17
Posts: 2,271

Re: [SOLVED] Lots of errors generated when updating texlive-bin

Ok then, I did mark this [SOLVED] because it is not sure the OP will come back here.
And because others may stumble into this trap as well..


To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB