You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-19 05:49:33

rg_arc

Application Issue [SOLVED]

I recently discovered this application called "My People" which is associated with the Korean website www.daum.net

I found a way to start the application on Arch Linux using the terminal like this:

$ adobe-air ~/Dropbox/Inter-comp/MyPeople.air 
adobe-air: Extracting application to directory: /tmp/adobeair.fZdomx9A3I
adobe-air: Attempting to start application

It was working about a month ago using this method, but now I can't seem to get it working.
After the application starts working and the log in screen pops up I can't log into the application and I know for a fact my username and password works and is correct.. so I believe it has something to do with arch linux. I just can't figure out why it isn't working on Arch Linux now and it was working just fine a few weeks ago on arch linux.

here is the rest of the messages while the application is running... and when I exit:

(adl:3294): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Failed to execute child process "dpkg" (No such file or directory)
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/AIR/crypt//config.xml"
Unable to parse Document: /etc/opt/Adobe/certificates/AIR/crypt//config.xml. 
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
Error: general internal error
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
adobe-air: Cleaning up temporary directory
adobe-air: Done
$

Last edited by rg_arc (2011-09-19 10:31:08)

#2 2011-09-19 06:03:09

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Application Issue [SOLVED]

Have you changed to systemd instead of the stock initscripts?  The messages about the .service files seem like they are systemd related.

This whole thing (including the webpage) look pretty scary to me.  Are you sure you trust all of this -- Could there be a another reason you are having issues with certificates ??
Be careful.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-09-19 06:06:14

rg_arc

hmm... I haven't changed to systemd yet. Also, it hasn't occurred to me that this application would give me any trouble since my girlfriend (South Korean) uses it all the time on her phone and computer without any trouble. Its a relatively popular application... but I can understand your concern anyways.

#4 2011-09-19 06:32:51

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Was the application recently updated?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2011-09-19 06:34:27

rg_arc

I think it was.. but I am not sure. I just know one minute it is working... and I reboot one day and it stopped working. I don't remember updating the application since its not in the AUR or anything like that.

#6 2011-09-19 07:44:20

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

But it doesn't crash, just fails to login?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#7 2011-09-19 08:15:34

rg_arc

precisely

#8 2011-09-19 10:01:18

falconindy
Developer
Website

You need to install gnome-keyring as a dependency.

#9 2011-09-19 10:03:39

rg_arc

Alright...

But I hate gnome-keyring

I can't breath without it asking me something every 5 seconds.. Using SLIM I want to basically turn on my computer without a log in screen so I ended up removing gnome-keyring because of the issues related to the dialog popping up. I guess I will bite the bullet reluctantly.

Last edited by rg_arc (2011-09-19 10:07:31)

#10 2011-09-19 10:30:45

rg_arc

ok that fixed it, thanks!

Board footer