You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-21 12:47:53

daveerickson

Show a Launcher for Application When It Is Not Running [SOLVED]

I recently installed Arch with Gnome3. I wanted to try out KDE so I installed that. I am trying to use the 'Show a Launcher for Firefox When It Is Not Running' feature. As you can see in the image there is no icon for Firefox, but when I mouse hover you can see it is supposed to be there. It functions as a launcher correctly. I just can't see where it is. I pinned chromium just fine as seen in the image. Thanks for the help. smile

Dave

1 MegaByte Image Redacted
Moderator Edit [ewaller]-  Redacted huge image.  If you wish, create a thumbnail and replace my redacted with a link to the thumbnail.  Members can then click through the thumbnail if they want to see the full image.
Policy for posting pictures

Last edited by daveerickson (2011-09-21 14:08:15)

#2 2011-09-21 13:03:23

pseb

Re: Show a Launcher for Application When It Is Not Running [SOLVED]

this feature seems somewhat broken, i had to manually edit the file .kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc to get rid of some unwanted launchers...
you might want to take a look at the entries like "[Containments][1][Applets][5][Configuration][Launchers]" and adjust them manually.

#3 2011-09-21 14:07:39

daveerickson

Re: Show a Launcher for Application When It Is Not Running [SOLVED]

Awesome advice. I checked through plasma-desktop-appletsrc and modified the Firefox launcher, which had some long nasty strings, to look like the chromium one, now it looks great! smile

Thanks for the help.

Board footer