You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-23 03:33:35

DrKillPatient

SLiM starts late

I want to use SLiM on my Arch install, but it seems to start too late. The virtual console with the usual login screen shows up for a few seconds, and then SLiM turns on afterward. When I shut the computer off, it goes back to virtual console and sits there on the login screen rather than showing the output of the shutdown process (although it does shut down correctly). SLiM itself works, since I can log in normally with it, but what can I do to make it appear at the right time? I have it start unbackgrounded fairly early in my daemons array, and I don't think I can go any earlier (unless it's put before netcfg's menu, which causes trouble because I can't select a wireless connection on startup).

Also, are there any disadvantages of using SLiM, versus the regular login at the virtual console, that I should be aware of?

#2 2011-09-23 04:48:49

pielas

Re: SLiM starts late

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Di … mon_method here is written that it slim should be your last position in daemons. Did you try that?

#3 2011-09-23 13:15:41

DrKillPatient

Re: SLiM starts late

Still does the same thing. My daemons array is like so:

hwclock syslog-ng iptables network netfs net-profiles crond dbus @sensors @laptop-mode @pommed @nvidiabl @alsa slim

Board footer