You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-13 02:07:19

onzlaught

T61 udev automount problems

Hi everyone, just a few days ago after i updated my system with testing repo i was't able to boot anymore. The problem happens when fsck-ing partitions, cause they're already mounted and i end with a maintenance session. Well, after some research i found out that the problem was in a udev rule i've copied from the wiki to automount usb devices. Just removing this rule fixed the problem. It seems it doesn't happens to everybody since i didn't find any recent thread about this but at least in my T61 laptop it does.

The problematic rule -> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?tit … if_present

Does anybody have a clue on how to keep the usb devices automounting and my system booting up successfully?

Thanks!

Last edited by onzlaught (2010-07-13 02:09:23)

#2 2010-07-13 04:13:36

Proofrific

Re: T61 udev automount problems

If you're using a desktop environment (I'm using XFCE), it should automatically mount USB devices (like, it will show up as a desktop icon).  I'd imagine that KDE and Gnome are similar.  If you're strictly using the shell, then I don't know.  Sorry.

#3 2010-07-13 05:23:03

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: T61 udev automount problems

I use the udev rule without any problems. since you enabled the testing repo, it could have been a package or a combination of packages that must have led to this problem. Does downgrading those packages solve the issue?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer