You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-15 18:37:55

TechnoRacoon

[SOVLED] After Kernal Update Arch Boots to Black Screen

I am in the process of installing arch. I have not even added a user yet, but when I updated the system it installed a new kernal so I rebooted. Upon rebooting all i have is a black screen with no text or anything. Help would be kindly appreciated.

Last edited by TechnoRacoon (2010-07-15 18:42:31)

#2 2010-07-15 18:39:35

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOVLED] After Kernal Update Arch Boots to Black Screen

TechnoRacoon wrote:

I am in the process of installing arch. I have not even added a user yet, but when I updated the system it installed a new kernal so I rebooted. Upon rebooting all i have is a black screen with no text or anything. Help would be kindly appreciated.

There was no need to reboot as this is not Windows. You could have gone on and created a user first. Now heaven knows how far you are into the process.

Since not much is lost, would re-installing from scratch be a better option?

and I assume and hope that you are following the Beginner's Guide

Last edited by Inxsible (2010-07-15 18:41:52)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2010-07-15 18:41:53

TechnoRacoon

Re: [SOVLED] After Kernal Update Arch Boots to Black Screen

Inxsible wrote:
TechnoRacoon wrote:

There was no need to reboot. You could have gone on and created a user first. Now heaven knows how far you are into the process.

Since not much is lost, would re-installing from scratch be a better option?

I guess so then . Thanks Anyway.

Board footer