You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-14 13:53:24

Flylow

Hiding password in wicd

Hi,

I recently installed wicd to manage wifi connections. It bothered me that the password becomes visible after clicking into the password field (properties window). Since i didn't found anything in in the wiki and the forum i searched a little further and found this post which helped me.

Now I would wish to know if I'm the only one who isn't happy with the password visible. Maybe a workaround like in the linked post could be added to the wicd wiki entry if there are more people who bother about this.

Cheers

#2 2010-08-14 16:57:36

eldalion

Re: Hiding password in wicd

I for one don't care and find it very convenient to look it up whenever a guest asks me for my router's key. smile

Note that the workaround above only works with the GTK frontend. A malicious user could still view the network key with wicd-curses. This can be patched too but then again you would need to change this on every Wicd upgrade. Is this worth the hassle? You decide.

#3 2010-08-14 17:37:13

Flylow

Re: Hiding password in wicd

would need to change this on every Wicd upgrade

Good point, haven't tought on that. So it probably had to be implemented by the developer as a checkbox in preferences or so. Well, I doubt that there's enough demand for something like this.

Board footer