You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-29 17:53:06

roeleman

FTP problems

Hello,

recently I have problems with FTP-ing to my xbox.  When I try to FTP with filezilla it will work until 50Mb and then I get this message:  Lost Connection this is when I set the  number of connections to 1.
When I use 2 connections I get the message: To many users connected

I don't have this problem with my windows PC, also with filezilla, the settings on both computers are the same. 

What can be the problem?  It is very annoying because my windows PC is not my own but the one of the company I work for.  My archlinux PC is my personal computer.   I did already a compleet new install because it was already 2 years ago I installed arch.  Because of updating several times, there where already a lot of things that didn't work anymore: printing, dvd-rom and some other things I don't remeber anymore...

Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-08-31 11:31:11

~Fir3fly

Re: FTP problems

what are you using as the FTP server? im using vsftpd and there hasnt been any problems.

AMD athlon 3500+, dual Nvidia 7300GTs, 1Gb Ram

#3 2010-09-08 10:42:19

roeleman

Re: FTP problems

Hello,

I tried to make a direkt link with a cross ftp cable.  I can ping to my xbox but when I try to ftp i get: connection refused by server

I think I made some mistakes in my network configuration in rc.conf.

I made a eth 0 line with a static IP and wlan0 with DHCP.  If I do bought a static I can't connect with my router.

Is that possible eth0 static and wlan0 dhcp.

I want to connect on eth0 with a cross ftp cable to my xbox.  Do I have to get my wlan0 down for that?

To ping I used this command: ifconfig eth0 "ip-adress" netmask "netmask"

Then i ping to my IP and the xbox responsed.  My wlan0 was still up.

When I tried to ftp I got a 'refused by server' message.  I don't know of course if it tries through the eth0 connection or through my wlan0.

Do I have to get my wlan down with: ifconfig wlan0 down
because I tried this and it didn't work.

Another question, If I want to give my computer a static IP, I need to change something in my router also?

Board footer