You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-26 06:16:20

duke11235

rtorrent fails connecting to tracker

I have a torrent with legitimate seeds and trackers, but rtorrent slowly times out on all the trackers and gets nowhere. Am I doing something wrong? I use the default settings from the package

#2 2010-09-26 07:20:48

filam
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: rtorrent fails connecting to tracker

I have had a similar experience lately on my server and local machine. Both eventually connect, but take a long time to do so. I have tried multiple healthy torrents from various sources and those from major trackers hang, but those from a private tracker don't. Have you tried multiple torrents? Have you tried dling an Arch Linux torrent?

Additionally, it might be helpful to paste your .rtorrentrc even if you're using the "default settings". Have you tried using other torrent clients? uTorrent recently released their backend for Linux, which runs a webui.

#3 2010-09-27 17:05:25

colyte

Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with rtorrent. (I've only used private trackers myself though)
I've used it for a long time myself, and the only thing that has been added to the default config is more watch directories.

However rtorrent is not your only option. Deluge with version 1.3 is a very good option.
There's even rc scripts for it with the arch package.

edit /etc/conf.d/deluge, start /etc/rc.d/deluged
use deluge-console to enable the remote access.

configure autoadd (a plugin that's now built-in) and all that using a desktop client (cant be done from the web interface). Desktop client is also multi platform. I've actually dropped using a web interface and
And there it will sit, behaving just like rtorrent.

There's a nice side benefit, Deluge is a hell of a lot nicer on disks than rtorrent is. It's also in active development... something one cant say of rtorrent.
It will eat a bit more ram, not much but some.

Besides the time to hash the stuff you're already seeing, you'll be up and running on Deluge faster than you'll be able to hunt down your tracker problem smile
I absolutely love it and I've used rtorrent for a long long time.

#4 2010-09-27 17:07:19

colyte

Board footer