You are not logged in.

#26 2010-09-30 17:30:14

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] Filesystem-conflicts

yes but apparently you didn't read my post about not deleting or merging the said files. Oh well...

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#27 2010-09-30 17:39:26

karol
Archivist

San2ban wrote:

Also during start up, It displays some message, which I cant read properly, since it just flies past. Is there a way to hold it and read the message?

Add 'read -n1' to /etc/rc.local to prevent clearing the messages. You can pause them with Scrollock too. Check dmesg if they're not logged there.

#28 2010-09-30 17:53:06

skunktrader

San2ban wrote:

Also during start up, It displays some message, which I cant read properly, since it just flies past. Is there a way to hold it and read the message?

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dis … t_Messages

#29 2010-10-01 01:20:20

Allan
Pacman
Website

San2ban wrote:

After a long struggle, I am now able to log in, only in CLI. Gnome not loading. In CLI, as user / SU when I try to start GNOME by 'gnome-session', it says " warning cannot open display".
I have checked rc.conf, inittab, xorg, all connected files. Could not find anything.

That is probably unrelated to your issue but actually related the xorg update you just did.   Look in your xorg log file  (/var/log).

#30 2010-10-01 15:11:35

San2ban
Banned

Allan wrote:
San2ban wrote:

After a long struggle, I am now able to log in, only in CLI. Gnome not loading. In CLI, as user / SU when I try to start GNOME by 'gnome-session', it says " warning cannot open display".
I have checked rc.conf, inittab, xorg, all connected files. Could not find anything.

That is probably unrelated to your issue but actually related the xorg update you just did.   Look in your xorg log file  (/var/log).

Dear Allan
You are right. The Xorg update had changed some display settings. Though, I am not sure if it should have

THANKS TO ALLAN, KAROL, INXISIBLE, LILSIRECHO, SKUNKTRADER and any other fellow whom I may have missed

Satyam eva jayate

Registered linux user #535257

Board footer