You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-05 01:17:19

benuski

Installer can't load network via DHCP

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to install Arch, but the installer won't recognize my ethernet card.  I have also used the core installer and installed the basic Arch setup, but I also could not get the network to work.  I have an Intel ethernet card using the e1000e ethernet module, which is already loaded.  During install, I get a "Transient Resolver Failure" error message when trying to use Pacman.  I tried to use the information that my home server, running Debian, uses for its gateway (192.168.1.1), in my /etc/rc.conf, but that didn't seem to help.  When I run "route" as root, the table is empty, but commands that I found on here don't seem to add any routes.

Any suggestions you all have would be most appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information from me; I'm more than willing to provide it.

#2 2010-11-05 05:10:26

steve_v

Re: Installer can't load network via DHCP

I assume the correct driver was detected and loaded for your ethernet controller, as you mention the e1000e module. Does this affect _only_ pacman?
If so look here: Arch Linux Forums
Otherwise try bringing the interface up manually: ifconfig [ethernet device] [ip address] up; route add default gw [gateway ip]; echo nameserver [dns server ip] >> /cet/resolv.conf
[stff]Hint: Searching the forum for the term "Transient Resolver Failure" may have been a reasonable idea before posting.[/stff]

Board footer