You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-19 22:31:24

Votan

FreeNX - SSH Authentication Problem

Hi there,

I installed freenx following the wiki and got it up and running. Using the usermode authentication (logging in as user nx) works, but i want to be able to login using my local username via ssh.

So I disabled the usermodeauthentication and enabled ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1". In my sshd config I put PasswordAuthentication yes and changed the ports in both, the sshd and node conf files accordingly.

I can login tvia ssh using putty and filezilla from a windows computer, but I cannot login using NX Client.

Using NX Client it fails giving me an "Authentication failed". The log on the FreeNX server says wrong username or password.

Any ideas what's wrong ?

Last edited by Votan (2010-11-19 22:31:42)

#2 2010-11-20 01:31:08

kfgz

Re: FreeNX - SSH Authentication Problem

The log on the FreeNX server says wrong username or password.

Read the wiki - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fr … n_possible

* If you get wrong password or login, put ENABLE_PASSDB_AUTHENTICATION="1" in /opt/NX/etc/node.conf and add a user by

# /opt/NX/bin/nxserver --adduser [username]
# /opt/NX/bin/nxserver --passwd [username]

#3 2010-11-20 19:26:16

Votan

Re: FreeNX - SSH Authentication Problem

that is to enabled only specific users, but I want to use the PAM authentication so every uer with a valid account can login.

I did read the wiki.

*edit:
I've got it working but re-adding the user systemwide, dunno why it didnt work before, but jsut deleteing and readding it made it work ...

Last edited by Votan (2010-11-21 20:47:09)

Board footer