You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-03 13:01:33

xCrucialDudex

QoS (HTB) crashes system

Hi everyone!

I just updated my server and discovered that the shaper that I'd written before causes system to crash with kernel panic and traceback of error printed on the console. I'm pretty certain it's QoS realted because when I don't have any tc setup the system works fine.

With tc setup on the server seems to forward IPv4 traffic just alright. The server's kernel panics and it crashes when I try to establish any kind of incoming connection be it to port 80, 21 or 22.

Without tc setup that is with standard pfifo_fast everything works just fine.

I tried to minimize my tc setup script that uses a combination of HTB ans SFQ to just a bare minimum resulting in essentially a rather simple HTB-only based setup that redirects traffic to IFB devices (I need to schedule 802.1q traffic) but nonetheless the server keeps on crashing.

This is a production server and ideally I need a solution fast smile

Turning traffic control off is an option but a temporary one, of course. Thus far I have no idea why would it cause a crash. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 2010-12-03 13:33:15

xCrucialDudex

Re: QoS (HTB) crashes system

Update

it seems this problem is IFB related only. When I filter traffic with "... ip u32 match u32 0 0 action mirred egress redirect dev ..." over SSH system crashes immediately either when this filter is applied or after all commands in a script were executed and linux starts scheduling the traffic.

Last edited by xCrucialDudex (2010-12-03 13:33:48)

Board footer