You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-13 08:36:46

xintron
Website

Home-network and servers

I'm about to redo the setup in my apartment. Currently I'm running a host-server with a few VPS's. I have 5 IP-addresses at my disposal (dynamic IP, every address with 10-20Mbps upload and they all share 100Mbps down). I need to be running 3 VPS where two of these will share the same user-accounts (this is another matter that I could use some help with, a good and easy way to share this over the network) and one "private" VPS. Since I have 5 IP-addresses my plan was to allow my host-machine it's own external IP (will also use this machine for my VPN), my private VPS it's own external IP as well as one of the other VPS's. The third VPS will have an internal IP and the two remaining IP's will be used for my desktop and my WLAN.

My question is simple. Is this a good setup or will there be some obvious problem (like if I want to add yet another VPS and let the host handle the routing for the traffic to these internal VPS's)? The second question is about that user-sharing setup. I've been reading about it being possible but would appreciate if someone could give me a good link with some information on how to do this.

Board footer