You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-19 22:27:35

DarksideEE7

NFS just stopped working

I have set it up numerous times in the past with no problems at all.  It's faster (in my experience) over ethernet and I prefer it over Samba.  I had it set to mount from my server to my client via fstab. 
It was hit or miss whether it would mount (time out, network not fully up yet).

I've installed rpcbind and nfs-utils on both client and server.

However I could ALWAYS run my script to manually mount the share.  Now I can't even do that.  Here is my exportfs and rc.conf for the server:

exportfs server:

/mnt/RAID5 192.168.0.1/24(ro,sync)
/mnt *(ro,sync)

I've tried it with just the /mnt/RAID5 line only.......no dice

rc.conf

DAEMONS=(network rpcbind nfs-common nfs-server @syslog-ng dbus hal @samba @sshd @sensors @netfs)

Client:

DAEMONS=(network rpcbind nfs-common nfs-server @netfs syslog-ng dbus hal samba sshd sensors)

I just don't get it.....literally last night I was able to mount it with no  problem, then watch a movie, listen to music, etc.  Now it simply won't mount via nfs.  Only samba.

Help!  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I can also mount the home/$USER directory using NFS.  I have the immutable flag set for the RAID5 array.  However I have read/executre perms for the /mnt/RAID5 directory....

EDIT:

Ok so the immutable flag was the problem.  How do I circumvent this?  I want the immutable flag set in order to prevent my careless deletion of files.  In case you don't know what I mean, it prevents any writing or deleting to anything withing the directory.

sudo chattr -R +i /mnt/RAID5

EDIT:

Ok I fixed it.  This may need to be added to the wiki.  If you add the immutable flag to a directory that is to be mounted via nfs, it will time out.  However if you apply the immutable flag to the subdirectories then it will mount just fine.

If anyone knows of a parameter to add to exportfs to circurmvent this it would be great.

Last edited by DarksideEE7 (2010-12-19 22:50:43)

Board footer