You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-24 18:00:56

Jrballesteros05
Website

Transfering or Syncronizing clipboard through ssh [SOLVED]

Hello everybody. I've just installed a new "server" on Archlinux on the site where I work.

It's something like this:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/ … iagram.png

We have a group of 10 computers that we called BAY 1, and all of computers from the BAY 1 connect to the port :1 on the Archlinux server, the group of computers from the BAY 2 connect to port :2, BAY 3 to port :3 and so on. 

I don't have any problem about it, we can connect and we can use the clipboard from the Archlinux server and paste all the content in our respective machines. The problem is our server has to use a Windows software (Xmanager) for connecting to Solaris server because it's the only one which allow me to use the remote clipboard. We only use one software from the Solaris server, we have only four licences to use that software, this is why we mounted the Archlinux server because we can share the four licences.

I realised that we can connect to Solaris server by SSH but I haven't found any way to transfer or synchronizing the clipboards between the Solaris Server andArchlinux server. I'm looking for something like 'autocutsel'. I've tried with putty for Linux, I run gedit remotely and I could copy the content from gedit to Archlinux but I couldn't copy the content from the software that we need. I don't understand why Xmanager can do and Putty cannot.

-Does anyone know a way to transfer the remote clipboard?

PS: I can't touch Solaris server because I don't have permission to do that, I can modify anything from Archlinux server. If anyone knows a solution, help me please smile. I don't want to use Xmanager because sometimes I have problems, and a native solution is much better than wine smile. Thank you very much and I hope you understand my post, my English is not good smile.

-- mod edit: read the Forum Etiquette and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/For … s_and_Code --

Last edited by Jrballesteros05 (2011-02-22 03:16:17)

Archlinux Colombia!!! smile

#2 2011-01-08 21:36:19

Jrballesteros05
Website

Re: Transfering or Syncronizing clipboard through ssh [SOLVED]

Hello everybody smile. I found a software which solve my problem... I've just installed "parcellite" and I did right click on preferences and I set "synchronize clipboards". I don't have to use Xmanager anymore smile

Archlinux Colombia!!! smile

Board footer