You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-17 17:12:29

thelastblack

sound issue

hi
i have installed kde in arch but i dont hear any sound, though i see my snd card in settings, which me my snd card is recognized...
i have volume icon and i can make it high or low but no sound comes from speakers, with no program...
i have Compaq 510 laptop
thx

#2 2011-02-17 17:27:29

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: sound issue

are you using pulseaudio or alsa or oss?

please post some specifics if you expect people to help you

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-02-17 18:57:55

thelastblack

i dont really know.... i just installed kde and nothing specific for audio, i thought kde will handle that...
but i think alsa-lib is installed, and it should be alsa...
how can i find out which i am using?

#4 2011-02-17 19:22:10

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

By reading the wikis. You must have followed the Beginner's Guide during installation. What sound architecture did you choose then?

Please re-search and show us at least an effort as to what you have done and what the problem is. The forum is here only to help not to do your work for you.

Please refer this and this

Once you have done some reading on the issue, create a new thread detailing the problems (if any) and also show us what efforts you have taken in order to correct the problem and the errors (if any) so that others may be able to help you.

Closing...

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer