You are not logged in.

#551 2015-04-21 10:14:54

preschema
Member
Registered: 2015-01-25
Posts: 14

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Thanks!

Offline

#552 2015-05-05 01:04:28

FelledTreeNo9
Member
Registered: 2015-05-05
Posts: 23

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Is the scrollbar in Zathura supposed to be operable with the mouse?

I see a scrollbar, which gets brighter when I mouse over it, and which has arrows on the top and bottom, but if I try to click or drag anywhere on the whole scrollbar, there's no response.

Offline

#553 2015-05-09 09:31:21

swaraj
Member
Registered: 2013-08-05
Posts: 35

Re: zathura - a document viewer

mlq wrote:

Hello,

toucan wrote:

Recently, very wide black borders began appearing on all four sides (top, bottom, left, right) of documents. The borders are not page gaps, and show up regardless of zoom level. [...] Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to get rid of these borders? They consume a lot of screen space. .

Yes, this was caused by the latest gtk update and we've already released a new version (0.3.3) that fixes this behaviour. The archlinux package has already been flagged out-of-date so I guess it won't be that long that it gets updated.

All the best

Is there anyone I can poke to update the package? I've tried compiling from source, but there are some issues I run into, which is why I'm waiting for the official package. Thanks!

Offline

#554 2015-05-09 10:41:10

ball
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2011-12-23
Posts: 164

Re: zathura - a document viewer

In order to ease the pain until the package gets updated, paste this into ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right:backdrop {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Offline

#555 2015-05-09 19:29:02

Rayonant
Member
From: Bogotá,Colombia
Registered: 2013-02-26
Posts: 10

Re: zathura - a document viewer

ball wrote:

In order to ease the pain until the package gets updated, paste this into ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right:backdrop {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Thank you!, I was also waiting for the update on the official repo, but this work flawlessly in the meantime.

Offline

#556 2015-05-10 03:54:00

monodromy
Member
Registered: 2014-02-08
Posts: 58

Re: zathura - a document viewer

@Rayonant, there is an aur package, https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/zathura-git/, that contains the fixes.

Offline

#557 2015-05-10 18:01:02

andya
Member
Registered: 2014-10-20
Posts: 10

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Thank’you very much @ball !!

Offline

#558 2015-05-13 16:30:34

klaus
Member
From: Brazil
Registered: 2013-03-09
Posts: 42

Re: zathura - a document viewer

What is the development status of the epub plugin? I tried it yesterday and couldn't even get a file to load, did the development stop? I can't find an epub reader with vim-like keybindings for daily usage, and since I use zathura for pdfs already it seemed like a pretty sweet deal to have that plugin working.

Offline

#559 2015-05-13 18:24:49

mlq
Member
Registered: 2011-03-15
Posts: 171
Website

Re: zathura - a document viewer

klaus wrote:

What is the development status of the epub plugin? I tried it yesterday and couldn't even get a file to load, did the development stop? I can't find an epub reader with vim-like keybindings for daily usage, and since I use zathura for pdfs already it seemed like a pretty sweet deal to have that plugin working.

You can install the zathura-mupdf-git package from the AUR and you will have epub support!

Best regards

Offline

#560 2015-05-13 22:51:20

klaus
Member
From: Brazil
Registered: 2013-03-09
Posts: 42

Re: zathura - a document viewer

mlq wrote:
klaus wrote:

What is the development status of the epub plugin? I tried it yesterday and couldn't even get a file to load, did the development stop? I can't find an epub reader with vim-like keybindings for daily usage, and since I use zathura for pdfs already it seemed like a pretty sweet deal to have that plugin working.

You can install the zathura-mupdf-git package from the AUR and you will have epub support!

Best regards

That's great, thanks! Will do for now, any idea when this will get in the repos since it requires zathura-git too?

Last edited by klaus (2015-05-13 22:54:32)

Offline

#561 2015-05-13 23:03:05

mlq
Member
Registered: 2011-03-15
Posts: 171
Website

Re: zathura - a document viewer

klaus wrote:

That's great, thanks! Will do for now, any idea when this will get in the repos since it requires zathura-git too?

We will probably release a version of this in the next few weeks!

All the best

Offline

#562 2015-05-13 23:18:31

klaus
Member
From: Brazil
Registered: 2013-03-09
Posts: 42

Re: zathura - a document viewer

mlq wrote:
klaus wrote:

That's great, thanks! Will do for now, any idea when this will get in the repos since it requires zathura-git too?

We will probably release a version of this in the next few weeks!

All the best

It loads the file alright, but I'm getting some errors loading .gif files... I tried loading the epub file with the latest mupdf and got the same result, it seems like an upstream issue and I'll probably report it since I don't see any libraries in the repos or AUR that can solve this problem. Oh, and is there a way to apply custom formatting over epub files?

I'm glad zathura now can handle almost everything I throw at it!

Offline

#563 2015-05-17 12:18:13

swaraj
Member
Registered: 2013-08-05
Posts: 35

Re: zathura - a document viewer

ball wrote:

In order to ease the pain until the package gets updated, paste this into ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.top:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.bottom:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.left:backdrop,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right,
GtkScrolledWindow .undershoot.right:backdrop {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Thanks so much, that saves me a lot of trouble!

Offline

#564 2015-05-26 03:24:31

hexchain
Member
Registered: 2011-12-26
Posts: 15

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Updated zathura (0.3.2-1 -> 0.3.3-1) and girara (0.2.3-1 -> 0.2.4-1) today, but now it's not able to open any PDF documents, saying:

error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so (libgirara-gtk3.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
error: Unknown file type: 'application/pdf'

Which is caused by zathura-pdf-mupdf (libgirara-gtk3.so.1 => not found). But the plugin has no new release! wink

Offline

#565 2015-05-26 08:24:28

mlq
Member
Registered: 2011-03-15
Posts: 171
Website

Re: zathura - a document viewer

hexchain wrote:

Updated zathura (0.3.2-1 -> 0.3.3-1) and girara (0.2.3-1 -> 0.2.4-1) today, but now it's not able to open any PDF documents, saying:

error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so (libgirara-gtk3.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
error: Unknown file type: 'application/pdf'

Which is caused by zathura-pdf-mupdf (libgirara-gtk3.so.1 => not found). But the plugin has no new release! wink

The plugins need to be rebuilded against the new version and the packages of those are already flagged out of date!

Best regards

Offline

#566 2015-05-26 16:26:42

FelledTreeNo9
Member
Registered: 2015-05-05
Posts: 23

Re: zathura - a document viewer

I've just scrubbed my AUR build of Zathura 0.3.3 and upgraded to the one from the main repositories. I still can't move the scrollbar with the mouse so I guess that the answer to my question in post 552 is no, that's not a feature. Is this on the roadmap at all?

Also, the horizontal scrollbar, and the bottom row or two of the vertical scrollbar, are covered over by the inputbar and/or statusbar when they are visible. I see that's on the bug tracker here though.

Offline

#567 2015-06-20 15:17:29

ArturShaik
Member
Registered: 2015-02-13
Posts: 5

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hello. Can I make dual page view start with second page? Because if I read magazines, there is title page, and I have wrong offset of pages.

Offline

#568 2015-06-20 17:22:46

ayekat
Member
Registered: 2011-01-17
Posts: 1,347
Website

Re: zathura - a document viewer

ArturShaik wrote:

Hello. Can I make dual page view start with second page? Because if I read magazines, there is title page, and I have wrong offset of pages.

set first-page-column 2

{,META,RE}PKGBUILDSpacman-hacks (includes makemetapkg and remakepkg) │ dotfiles

Offline

#569 2015-06-20 17:53:49

ArturShaik
Member
Registered: 2015-02-13
Posts: 5

Re: zathura - a document viewer

ayekat wrote:
ArturShaik wrote:

Hello. Can I make dual page view start with second page? Because if I read magazines, there is title page, and I have wrong offset of pages.

set first-page-column 2

Nice, thank you!

Offline

#570 2015-06-28 02:36:48

bartuka
Member
Registered: 2015-05-25
Posts: 28

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hello guys,

I am looking for a PDF viewer where I can change its display colors. For example, I wanted to be able to change from Solarized, Septia to Black/White default colors. I read a lot a long the day.

Using the following code I could put the solarized to work, but as default. I want to toggle from default to it.

 
set recolor-darkcolor "#93A1A1"
set recolor-lightcolor "#002B36"
set recolor true

Any ideas? Thx


Specs: Macbook Pro Mid 2012 + 16GB RAM + 256GB SSD + 512GB HDD
Windows Manager: i3wm
File Manager: Ranger
Web Browser: qutebrowser

Offline

#571 2015-06-28 07:08:09

mlq
Member
Registered: 2011-03-15
Posts: 171
Website

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hi!

bartuka wrote:

Using the following code I could put the solarized to work, but as default. I want to toggle from default to it.
[...]
Any ideas? Thx

You can use the ^r shortcut to toggle recoloring.

Best regards

Offline

#572 2015-06-28 12:49:45

bartuka
Member
Registered: 2015-05-25
Posts: 28

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hello mlq,

Using the code I posted, my pdfs are opened in solarized mode by default. When I hit ^r nothing changes. =/


Specs: Macbook Pro Mid 2012 + 16GB RAM + 256GB SSD + 512GB HDD
Windows Manager: i3wm
File Manager: Ranger
Web Browser: qutebrowser

Offline

#573 2015-06-28 16:13:18

karkhaz
Member
Registered: 2014-01-25
Posts: 79

Re: zathura - a document viewer

bartuka wrote:

Using the following code I could put the solarized to work, but as default. I want to toggle from default to it.

 set recolor true

If you want black & white to be default, you should set recolor to false.

Offline

#574 2015-06-28 16:33:13

bartuka
Member
Registered: 2015-05-25
Posts: 28

Re: zathura - a document viewer

karkhaz, if I set recolor to false and then I hit ^r to change the default to solarized on a specific PDF, I get nothing.

EDIT: Sorry, nvm. I mapped the ^r in a wrong way. Works! thx karkhaz.

Last edited by bartuka (2015-06-28 16:35:33)


Specs: Macbook Pro Mid 2012 + 16GB RAM + 256GB SSD + 512GB HDD
Windows Manager: i3wm
File Manager: Ranger
Web Browser: qutebrowser

Offline

#575 2015-11-08 01:27:40

ButtScratcher.
Member
Registered: 2015-11-08
Posts: 1

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Hi guys,

I think zathura is a great piece of software.
I can't find how to scroll with the mouse wheel. It was mentioned in page 16 of this thread (by replax) but I can't find a way how to set that up. Is it possible to get the functionality of scrolling through pressing the mouse wheel and moving the mouse up/down? If yes it'd be nice to if someone could show me how.

I'm very new to linux so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Thank you.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB