You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-16 19:20:58

Unia
Website

Libreoffice-kde?

Hello,

I'm sorry for starting yet my third topic in a week, but again google and the Wiki showed zero hits. I'm running KDE and would like to have Libreoffice use the qt4 theme.
Now in Ubuntu, there's the package libreoffice-kde, which I assume does just that.

In Arch, I have installed libreoffice and the kdelibs, but this isn't working. Is there a similiar packages for Arch somewhere, or can I somehow compile it myself?

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#2 2011-03-16 19:36:35

SS4

Re: Libreoffice-kde?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Un … -QT-Engine

I installed gtk-kde4 and followed the wiki

Rauchen verboten

#3 2011-03-16 19:59:01

Unia
Website

What steps did you take exactly? I installed gtk-kde4, set the correct themes in the settings and added the export SAL_GTK_USE_PIXMAPPAINT=1 line to /etc/profile.

Restarted KDE, but still no go.

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

#4 2011-03-16 20:45:55

JokerBoy

i use oxygen-gtk with "export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome" and looks ok..

#5 2011-03-16 21:03:45

Unia
Website

I know those options are available, but there's no way to make libreoffice actually use qt/kde?

#6 2011-03-16 21:22:05

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Unia wrote:

I know those options are available, but there's no way to make libreoffice actually use qt/kde?

Not unless you re-write it using the qt library. gtk and qt are different libraries altogether. You cannot make an app created with one library use the other library. Also, kde has nothing to do with qt, technically speaking. It just happens to be that most kde apps use qt as their library.

Having said that, you can use either gtk or qt based apps in any DE or WM. The only way you can make them look integrated is by changing the look and feel and I am afraid those are not always completely accurate to the minutest detail.

LibreOffice happens to use the gtk library. Maybe you should give KOffice a whirl. I am not sure if all the feature set are the same between KOffice and LibreOffice though sad

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#7 2011-03-16 21:30:09

Unia
Website

Inxsible wrote:

LibreOffice happens to use the gtk library. Maybe you should give KOffice a whirl. I am not sure if all the feature set are the same between KOffice and LibreOffice though sad

Sadly KOffice doesn't support saving as .docx / .doc, which is what I need for school. They say Calligra (next version of KOffice) will support this tho, so I'll definetely try this one when it's out.

Inxsible wrote:
Unia wrote:

Not unless you re-write it using the qt library. gtk and qt are different libraries altogether. You cannot make an app created with one library use the other library.

I know that, but I wondered that since Ubuntu has this libreoffice-kde package, if I could somehow to the same on Arch.

lnxsible wrote:

Having said that, you can use either gtk or qt based apps in any DE or WM. The only way you can make them look integrated is by changing the look and feel and I am afraid those are not always completely accurate to the minutest detail.

I guess this is the way to go then, untill Calligra gets released. I'll look into this, thanks!

#8 2011-03-16 21:41:27

locke87

I don't exactly know what the ubuntu guys pack in their libreoffice-kde-package and I'm not really getting it looking at the package file list.
However, with oxygen-gtk Libreoffice looks quite perfectly like kde smile

#9 2011-03-16 23:44:23

ANOKNUSA

Sorry to be a prick but, as someone was bound to mention, this ain't Ubuntu.  If you read the wiki entry referred to earlier and play around, you can achieve the desired effect.  LibreOffice in reality doesn't even use pure GTK, but a hybrid toolkit (as do Firefox and Chromium), so it's never gonna be perfect.  A couple tips:

- Install gtk-kde4--or better yet, chakra-gtk-config--and adjust the settings as you like.
- QtCurve is a highly configurable theme engine that can give KDE a GTK kinda vibe
- Play around.

--Example: KDE's Bespin theme engine with the Orta GTK theme
tN3VkYg

#10 2011-03-17 16:14:12

Unia
Website

I installed chakra-gtk-config and I set the gtk theme to oxygen-gtk, but still Libreoffice doesn't look like oxygen. (eg selected items are grey, instead of blue)

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by Unia (2011-03-17 16:16:14)

Board footer